Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v1.0 Mk. V Attrition  (Read 84489 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE][WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v1.0 Mk. V Attrition
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2023, 08:38:55 am »
Greetings, fellow Trench Raiders! To coincide with the historical Christmas Truce in 1914, we have launcher a major update! With the help of the newest dev of the team, Kiro Xei, we have finished enough changes to release this as version 1.0!  ;D Work continues, of course. But now we can consider it different to vanilla and stable enough.

A new update is ready.

The Great War of the Worlds v1.0 Mk. V Attrition is alive now!

What's new in this update?

Code: [Select]
25-December-2023: 1.0 "Attrition"
Changes made:
* Updated to latest OXCE v7.10.
* Added most of the missing codes. By Kiro Xei.
* Added most of the missing War Codex content (Ufopedia). By Kiro Xei.
* Added missing research requirements. By Kiro Xei.
* Fixing Strings from language yml file. By Kiro Xei.
* Rebalance Heat-Ray (Laser) weapon requirements by changing to all difficults. It requires Heat Ray Weapon analysis and Improved metalurgic techniques. By efrenespartano.
* Added new facilities: Guard Tower; Tower Fortress; Trench line N-S + W- E; Concrete Fortification; Machine Gun Nest. By efrenespartano.
* Changed facility name for the following: General Stores > Supply Depot, Living Quarters > Barracks. By efrenespartano.
* Introducing base defense terrain, players can allow to move troops to unbuilt terrain as it please. By efrenespartano.
* Barracks can now train up to 10 soldiers including all soldier types. Soldiers training cap is added.
* Fixed Berdan II ufopedia by recorrecting the appropiate research info.
* Phlogiston weapon events reorgnazied. By efrenespartano.
* All items, inventorys, and weapons are reduced to realistic scaled divided by 10. Which helps to fill more items in few supply depots.
* Changed Overlords living weapon to false, due to missing image issue. Now they can wield weapons.
* Revised starting conditions by adding missing armor: Italian Gasmask, Russian Gasmask, L'inmortale Heavy Armor, and Totemkopf Mechanized Armor for the Red Weed environment.
* Adding Energy shield script from The World of Terrifying Silence Mod to Totemkopf Mechanized Armor for field testing. Adding visibilityatday to 30; visibilityatdark to 18 to Totemkopf Mechanized Armor.
* Adding Maxviewdistance to 40. No soldiers can go blind shooting. This applies to units, allies, and enemies.
* Fixing Russian Tier 2 equipment selection.
* Fixing Hague Convention weapons and ammo by recorrecting the requirements.
* Replacing missing alien race snakes man to Martians elite platoon.
* Laboratory spaces reduces to 30; while Advance Laboratory was added to 60 to match the description.
* Changed HWP Tank requirements.
* General Bugfixing. By Kiro Xei.

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2024, 07:44:19 pm »
I got a three problem with version 1.1.

The female sprites in Resources/SoldiersSprites/00-Body use a palette index != 0 for the background. The latest OXCE has a problem with that, for me at least, it disregards the alpha channel thus there is no transparency at all.

The following files also use a wrong index for the background, or a wrong palette, or at least most of them, I forgot:
SoldiersSprites/Battlescape/German/GermanCoat.png
SoldiersSprites/Battlescape/German/Stahlhelm.png
SoldiersSprites/01-Uniform/GermanCoat.png
SoldiersSprites/01-Uniform/GermanUniform.png
HeatRay/black_smoke_explosion.png
HeatRay/green_gas_explosion.png
(SoldiersSprites/NPCs/ ... Inventories)

Both can be fixed automatically, but I suppose a pull request will not be seen.

A zero bytes file:
SoldiersSprites/Battlescape/American/Inventory/MAN23_F1.png

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2024, 07:45:11 pm »
Version 0.8 uses stationary ufos to represent Martian Outpost, e.g. STR_MARTIAN_CAMP, with point defense weapons. Or so I assume.
An interception window opens if approached by an craft, something not possible with alien bases.

The problem with this is that all of them spawn at the same few locations within a region. This seems unrealistic and kills my fun every time.

Is that a bug? Something that should change? A feature?

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2024, 07:47:22 pm »
According to the screenshots of version 1.0 the ground of the buildings does not adjust to the terrain selected by the base position on the globe.
It is always dirt/mud.

This could be fixed by using the decoration type of the vertical-levels feature, instead of using a mapname for the base facilities.
The facility maps should then have no ground outside the buildings and the terrain from the globe should supply it.

Is there interest in having this?
I could do this, but I probably wont find time for this in the near future. Maybe I could do a sample such that somebody else could adapt it for the other facilities and terrains.

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2024, 07:48:12 pm »
Anyway, I love the new content added! Thanks!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2024, 05:30:10 am »
Greetings! Thanks for playing and specially for the continued feedback. Sorry if i may take a bit longer than expected to reply here, i peak

I got a three problem with version 1.1.

The female sprites in Resources/SoldiersSprites/00-Body use a palette index != 0 for the background. The latest OXCE has a problem with that, for me at least, it disregards the alpha channel thus there is no transparency at all.

The following files also use a wrong index for the background, or a wrong palette, or at least most of them, I forgot:
SoldiersSprites/Battlescape/German/GermanCoat.png
SoldiersSprites/Battlescape/German/Stahlhelm.png
SoldiersSprites/01-Uniform/GermanCoat.png
SoldiersSprites/01-Uniform/GermanUniform.png
HeatRay/black_smoke_explosion.png
HeatRay/green_gas_explosion.png
(SoldiersSprites/NPCs/ ... Inventories)

Both can be fixed automatically, but I suppose a pull request will not be seen.

A zero bytes file:
SoldiersSprites/Battlescape/American/Inventory/MAN23_F1.png

I appreciate the warnings! I'll fix those issues, i most likely didn't noticed them.

Version 0.8 uses stationary ufos to represent Martian Outpost, e.g. STR_MARTIAN_CAMP, with point defense weapons. Or so I assume.
An interception window opens if approached by an craft, something not possible with alien bases.

The problem with this is that all of them spawn at the same few locations within a region. This seems unrealistic and kills my fun every time.

Is that a bug? Something that should change? A feature?

Not exactly a bug, it's just the vanilla regionZones. I'll consider adding more spots.

And yes, those static UFOs are indeed meant to be attacked and bombed. So far, you cannot attack a real alien base, so the only way i could add bombers (and give them a reason to be) was by making them stand still, unmoved.

According to the screenshots of version 1.0 the ground of the buildings does not adjust to the terrain selected by the base position on the globe.
It is always dirt/mud.

This could be fixed by using the decoration type of the vertical-levels feature, instead of using a mapname for the base facilities.
The facility maps should then have no ground outside the buildings and the terrain from the globe should supply it.

Is there interest in having this?
I could do this, but I probably wont find time for this in the near future. Maybe I could do a sample such that somebody else could adapt it for the other facilities and terrains.

If you want, go ahead. Personally i'm not totally interested in tweaking the base terrain (it was a pain to rework it on the surface to begin with hahaha).

Anyway, I love the new content added! Thanks!

Hope you are having a good time! If you want to, I usually dwell the IDT Discord server. Here's an invitation link! I reply back in some hours at most, as opposed to some days here haha

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2024, 12:14:15 pm »
Howdy,

Sorry and Thanks, I have not managed to look into discord yet. But I will not complain about response time so long!

But meanwhile, I made new pull request to fix the images and some (most? all?) yaml syntax errors.

Have a good day/weekend!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 12:29:22 pm by GumChewer »

Offline GumChewer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2024, 12:19:48 pm »
If you want, go ahead. Personally i'm not totally interested in tweaking the base terrain (it was a pain to rework it on the surface to begin with hahaha).

That is undoubtedly true and the reason I never considered to make a surface base myself.
Luckily, someone else did all the work  ;)