aliens

Author Topic: Advanced Settings  (Read 3652 times)

Offline bedgar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Advanced Settings
« on: April 05, 2020, 09:35:53 pm »
Hi,

I am loving the mod, thanks for all the work, it's great.

Is there a list of recommended Advanced setting to use/not use in combination with this mod?

For example I usually use UFO extender accuracy when I play XCOM but will this throw off the weapon balance?

Cheers

Ben

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Settings
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 02:06:40 am »
Hi Ben, thanks for dropping by - I'm glad you're enjoying the mod.

All of the advanced options that are necessary for the mod should be locked by the mod in the configuration they should be in, no need to change any of them for the "intended" experience. For example, we've forced UFO Extender Accuracy on because we want weapons without a scope to be short-ranged, encouraging more melee combat.

Any of the unlocked options are left to personal preference, though there are a few I'd recommend, mostly to make the management side of things simpler:
  • Force craft launch: quite a few transports are also good interceptors, you'll probably want to use them for both and this makes it so you don't have to wait for full repairs.
  • Psionic training at any time: once you get there, it'll allow you to start psi training immediately after the facility is built instead of waiting for the start of the month.
  • Alternate movement methods: most players already use this, but sprinting is practically necessary to get full use out of the melee weapons in the mod.

Edit: If you have more questions, we also have a discord server if you want a quick answer: https://discord.gg/t2xHbRP
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 02:17:50 am by ohartenstein23 »