Author Topic: Stupid dummy question... and less dummy questions.  (Read 11833 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Stupid dummy question... and less dummy questions.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 09:56:51 pm »
Wish somebody have told me that 3 weeks ago :/.

This is the middle difficulty.
What the fuck did you people expect???

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 01:50:08 pm »

The closer release is, the angrier Sol becomes :D

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 02:08:25 pm »

I can only guess that most of them played X-Com with beginner bug, so they all think that when they picked up superhuman, it was too easy, so the mod should behave as well.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 02:10:18 pm »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 08:56:12 pm »
It used to be an issue in the original game. No matter which difficulty you chose, after the first mission it reverted to Beginner.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 06:58:10 am »
It used to be an issue in the original game. No matter which difficulty you chose, after the first mission it reverted to Beginner.

Funny :) I've never heard about it.

Offline sedygrizly

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 02:16:09 pm »

WTF lul? I've played FMP at superhuman, not vanilla.
And i certainly didn't expect clicking through 160+ UFO sightings report each day (later in game possibly way more). No idea what you don't get about that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 02:19:05 pm by sedygrizly »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2019, 02:09:11 pm »
WTF lul? I've played FMP at superhuman, not vanilla.
And i certainly didn't expect clicking through 160+ UFO sightings report each day (later in game possibly way more). No idea what you don't get about that.

I play pinballs at high difficulties. It doesn't really say much about X-Com Files.
The FMP is just expanded vanilla with very little changes to how it plays. You can't really make it much harder than vanilla, unless you make the enemies stupidly overpowered, which is neither good nor creative design. The XCF is a completely different game, with lots of new facets and mechanics, so it canmot be compared at all to vanilla.
What's hard to get?

Anyway, it was THE PLAYERS who convinced me to change the alien retaliation from X-Com base assault to air domination. They didn't like defending their base twice a month, and I agree.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 02:45:35 pm »
Anyway, it was THE PLAYERS who convinced me to change the alien retaliation from X-Com base assault to air domination. They didn't like defending their base twice a month, and I agree.

Is that means you will not reduce UFOs spam rate at late game stage?  :'(

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »
Is that means you will not reduce UFOs spam rate at late game stage?  :'(
Ctrl+click will ignore consequitive UFO pop-ups.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 03:51:54 pm »

To correct your statement a little bit: "Ctrl+click will ignore consecutive pop-ups of the same UFO. It doesn't affect any other/future UFOs".

In XCF, this option makes no difference, since you start with HQ that has global range and it is not possible to lose track of an already detected UFO.

Offline sedygrizly

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 05:28:53 pm »
I play pinballs at high difficulties. It doesn't really say much about X-Com Files.
The FMP is just expanded vanilla with very little changes to how it plays. You can't really make it much harder than vanilla, unless you make the enemies stupidly overpowered, which is neither good nor creative design. The XCF is a completely different game, with lots of new facets and mechanics, so it canmot be compared at all to vanilla.
What's hard to get?

About difficulty it was answer mostly to JustTheDude, who was kinda suggesting we are noobs etc... without getting what are we complaining about.

I have no problem with player base air blockade, i even like the idea. Problem is that at superhuman difficulty it turns into player SCREEN blockade, at thats just wrong.

Is it possible to adjust it somehow? Ok, if you send less UFOs, it decrease difficulty... so what about instead of sending 150 small harmless fighters send like 50 medium fighters? Medium fighters damaged my Storms in like 50% of fights, caused many hours or even day of repairs. Or few more battleships, in general send less but stronger UFOs? That small harmless fighters is also kinda pointless, its just req huge missiles managment, becouse it requires too much storage, so you have to keep rebuying like crazy (if you use those when swarms starts ofc, but with missles your craft is invincible to small fighters, so only refuelling/reloading time limits you.).

I just pointed out that superhuman difficulty is broken to almost unplayable state, so i was quite surprised by angry reactions i received...

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 06:11:56 pm »

Thanks! A useful feature indeed.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 06:32:25 pm »
Thanks! A useful feature indeed.

As I described one post below the original post, in XcomFiles this feature does nothing.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2019, 07:46:47 pm »
Is it possible to adjust it somehow? Ok, if you send less UFOs, it decrease difficulty... so what about instead of sending 150 small harmless fighters send like 50 medium fighters?

Is it really that many? That mission only has 12 UFOs. Understandably these can pile up if you shoot down many UFOs...

I just pointed out that superhuman difficulty is broken to almost unplayable state, so i was quite surprised by angry reactions i received...

Sorry, but this wasn't clear to me at all. Only now I understand the issue.

I'll think about it, but can you please attach a save with an example? I want to see how many UFOs there are and where they came from.