aliens

Author Topic: Colour Replaced Aliens  (Read 53123 times)

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Colour Replaced Aliens
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2013, 04:44:44 am »
Uh oh; does this mean we get to witness the dawn of the Blue Lobstermen?

I'm scared, guys.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2013, 03:11:51 pm »

I'm scared, guys.
LOL if you want a blue lobster, its would only be 20mins work :P

What i would like to see ( within next 2 years) is a BIG xcom1&2 mixed game with more maps, more tech, more aliens and more chaos , if that means i need a blue lobersterman, i can live with that.

I would also like Randomly selected items from that large selection , so every game is different, on startup have all the necessary future selections made by OXC that aliens ,X,Y&Z will be used in game, (others will be ignored) ,Map sets to be used, ALien space ships to be used, Random Endings ,More Factions and a more interactive Geoscape......Maybe i am just dreaming.

Image below shows WHY i normally do these :P

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:13:54 pm by luke83 »

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2013, 01:56:45 am »
Honestly, you can do whatever you want, I just meant to convey that the idea of an upgraded lobsterman is quite scary to me. :P

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2013, 02:31:40 am »
Now that armor can affect statistics; I just realized something that flows logically:

Once you research MIND SHIELD, wouldn't it make sense to develop some sort of armor which could boost a user's psionic resistance? An actual honest to god working TINFOIL HAT?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »
Honestly, you can do whatever you want, I just meant to convey that the idea of an upgraded lobsterman is quite scary to me. :P

OK, i understand now, i have never come up against a Lobster as it is, TFTD Thrashes me every time i try to play it :P

Now that armor can affect statistics; I just realized something that flows logically:

Once you research MIND SHIELD, wouldn't it make sense to develop some sort of armor which could boost a user's psionic resistance? An actual honest to god working TINFOIL HAT?

We have( moriarty and i) have asked for extra options to be added so we could  modify stats via items, my intention was Sword+1, a  "Mind shield emitter" would easily be achieve with this mod.... I hope it gets added one day.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2013, 07:45:30 pm »
OK, i understand now, i have never come up against a Lobster as it is, TFTD Thrashes me every time i try to play it :P

We have( moriarty and i) have asked for extra options to be added so we could  modify stats via items, my intention was Sword+1, a  "Mind shield emitter" would easily be achieve with this mod.... I hope it gets added one day.

luke, our wait is (partially) over! Warboy added this possibility just recently for armor. I don't know about items, though, I guess that's trickier... :)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2013, 08:12:13 pm »
Yeah how would items work? When they're equipped? Held? Wielded? Used? Dropped? Exploded? Etc. :P

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2013, 08:38:41 pm »
Yeah how would items work? When they're equipped? Held? Wielded? Used? Dropped? Exploded? Etc. :P

oh, simple... each item would have two sets of stat modifying properties, I guess:
"statModifiersWhenInInventory"
"statModifiersWhenInHand"

but yeah, I can see trouble brewing on the horizon: what happens if a unit has an item in hand, then falls unconscious, dropping the item, later wakes up and picks it up again... :P

but for a more RPG-like type of mod, these would really be nice. and to stay in the sci-fi realm: a 3x3 item representing an exoskeleton like this one could be added, which increases strength (and possibly TU)...

the motion scanner could be improved to increase the reactions of the wearer (they see hidden movement on the scanner, after all), which would increase its use for sentinel use...

or, even more basic: carrying large guns that border on being impractical (autocannon, heavy cannon, rocket launcher, heavy plasma, blaster launcher) could actually give a bonus to bravery :D while carrying only a pistol could decrease it  ;D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2013, 10:25:53 pm »

I am only hear to dream up new problems advancements for your system , i don't know how to implement them :P

Yes , what moriarty's suggest is what i was thinking.  To me if its placed on the belt, shoulders, arms, legs or hand , special skill/stat increase is active, if its in your backpack,dropped,exploded, teleports to other side of map, then its not being used, stat increase is removed..... That is what i was thinking for FOXC.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:38:33 pm by luke83 »

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2013, 12:19:19 am »
Hey! I did those concept-style floater sprites, based on your recolor sheet. I think it looks pretty decent, the only catch is I'm running a 64 bit system, so I can't actually use PCKview to put the images in a useful order, I can only give you the raw sheet. Sorry about that.

Light-caped version
Dark-caped version

I hope the elbow spikes look right, the arms look so amorphous and vague on their own that I wasn't always sure where the elbow was. :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:21:33 am by Gifty »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2013, 03:35:12 pm »
i was just heading to bed when i noticed your post, here is your files in ORIGNAL game format, i have not tried these yet ( very tired).

I hope they look as cool in game as they do in GIMP :P

As for your 64bit issues, have you tried running a Virtual Machine, i do all my xcom modding and testing in Virtual machines :P

UPDATE:
I just tried one of these in game, there not displaying correctly, i will have another look later tonight.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:24:22 am by luke83 »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2013, 06:28:07 pm »
i was just heading to bed when i noticed your post, here is your files in ORIGNAL game format, i have not tried these yet ( very tired).

I hope they look as cool in game as they do in GIMP :P

As for your 64bit issues, have you tried running a Virtual Machine, i do all my xcom modding and testing in Virtual machines :P

This needs a new alien race ruleset.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2014, 12:29:50 am »
I tried doing a ruleset before for these, i think it safe to say, i found it way to complicated to get my one working.. I had dreams of a Swarm of several types of chrysalids plus zombies that can hold weapons but couldn't get the basics working :-[

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2014, 11:56:53 am »

I'm scared, guys.
If you want them tell me, i made some because of this post. no kidding.  :)

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2014, 12:04:47 pm »
I tried doing a ruleset before for these, i think it safe to say, i found it way to complicated to get my one working.. I had dreams of a Swarm of several types of chrysalids plus zombies that can hold weapons but couldn't get the basics working :-[

I simply made some copies of the Enforcermod/Scout Drone ruleset and adjusted the STR_ stuff, now i can/hire Mercenaries (green soldiers), Aquatoids, Tasoth, Lobsterman, Green (terran) cyberdisks, Cyborgs, Tenatculats, Xarquids and Gillman. I used the TFTD_to_UFO unit file conversion from the strategycore file section and the recoloured battlesprites mod, most of the units from those packs work, some don't. I also made some new recolored units myself , blonde civilian females, grey sectoids, red ethereals etc etc. Can't upload them atm as I am sitting in an Internet Café and the explorer here can not see my hidden folders on the USB stick