aliens

Author Topic: Fuso and voodo rework  (Read 2576 times)

Offline WarWeeD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Fuso and voodo rework
« on: August 29, 2019, 09:52:48 pm »
Hi there,

I want to do a rework of fuso and voodo arts, can anyone tell me how to do it? Can I just edit another with Paint to créate mine? Do I have to code if forms dosnt match? Anyone can guide my a Little bit?
I also like to get the source of the mod, is posible?

What I want to do?
I want to replace fuso ninjas by ciberpunkys. Similar as the punks from "syndicate wars". This ninjas take me off from the experience. It happens the same to me with the voodo, it is a Good feature, very funny and expand the experience but dosnt fit with the context, not like it is at least. So i Want to make a rework of both. Fuso and Voodo.

Rework fuso:
I want to replace fuso for a Ciberpunk Gang, some kind of punkys that loves to play with katanas and guns. Some kind of yakusa style gang based on ninjitsu, technology and guns.
They are well known for combining cuantic hiding devices, katanas, shurikens and a punk dress style. They dont need to dress dark clothes to be stealthy as a ninja because their technology. I dont have a name yet, maybe "new fuso".

Rework Voodo
I want to adapt voodo to some kind of technology managment skill, just like "cuantic computing". This weapons or devices allows you to hacks robots, hacks minds, create cuantic fire or ice, become invisible...
Ill just change the concept preserving all old features we can. Is more like a visual and text rework that Will be compatible with any future patch, I hope.
-No more voodo skill, just "Cuantic computing skill" instead.
-No more voodo training room, just a Cuantic computing training room.
-No more wand, just fire or ice generators some kind of Cuantic weapons.
-No more magic or superpower just ancient science.

IF anyone wants to join is wellcome. Ill work slowly time at time and time but I Will share it while doing it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Fuso and voodo rework
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 12:15:15 am »
You apparently missed the point that there is no magic in XPiratez, just lots of science that is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 11:23:51 am »
excellent idea!

hey, that *acuantic stuff" - has to do smthng with *aqua, - water, right? :D :p

btw., still most ..funniest part of this game - the overall plot is set-up around, sometime around the year ~~2600, 27th Century, - and still almost all things, settings, surroundings, (environment), - is almost exactly the very same like in (late) 20th century, 

(well, ~~whole 20th century..
.. - farms, villages, and so on.. (and such few others..) are maintain overall the same look, - as in 1920 - 40, so last almost the same also in 1970 - 199 ++.. ,and so on..)

same ..buildings, furnitures, kitchens, baths, tv-sets, video-players, mostly basic weapons (pistols, knives, sabres, etc..,   guns, ),  vehicles, (hehhe, those "vans" :D ),  -  all designs, style, forms, & function - as same as in ~~1960 - 2020, -so as very same in ... -

... - ~~2600

..so, the "town´ (city, /farmland) life´  world in 27 century is looks almost exact same as in 20th´century (towns´life) world..
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:28:57 am by LytaRyta »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 02:35:19 pm »
A quick and dirty way would be to replace the original art with your desired picture, after making sure to edit it to the right dimensions and colour palette. However I don't recommend directly modifying the base files in such a way and instead take the extra effort to make a mod.

I'm not that savvy when it comes to modding, but I can point you in a general direction when I get some free time this evening.

Edit:

Using the PG13 pictures mod as reference:

• Create a new folder in your 'mods' folder so you can make your edits without risk of breaking the source game. Call it 'WarWeeDs pictures'.
  • In 'WarWeeds pictures', create two new subfolders called 'pedia' and 'Ruleset'.
  • Using an image editing tool (I use both paint and irfanview), edit your pictures to the correct dimensions and colours. Save the edited picture in the 'pedia' subfolder. The game will crash if it tries to load a UFOpedia image that isn't properly sized/has too many colours. (A more detailed process to edit your pictures is mentioned here
  • In the 'Ruleset' folder, create a .rul file called 'pedia'. The .rul file does two things; it gives pictures a reference (under 'extrasprites') and tells the game when to load your picture (under 'ufopedia'). Write appropriate entries for all the pictures you want under both extrasprites and ufopedia.
  • Save everything, load up Xpiratez, enable your brand new 'WarWeeds pictures' mod and then restart the program to play it.
  • Hope you didn't make a mistake. If you're like me, you will have made numerous mistakes in this process that will crash the game.

If you really want to change the all the text strings so that everything is 1337speak and cyberpunky instead of Xpiratez, then you'll have to look in the languages folder. Remember to load the US English file and not the UK English file.

Disclaimer: I'm a bookkeeper by trade. I don't know code and can't tell my scuzzy adapters from my data pipelines. I 'learned' how to mod by staring at someone else's mod for hours and making sequential alterations until I understood what everything did.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:47:45 pm by Marza »