aliens

Author Topic: OpenXcom - War  (Read 67948 times)

niculinux

Re: OpenXcom - War
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2014, 08:43:29 pm »
Wow that woukd be a brand new game!!!!!  Even better, may it have its own sprites graphic so we dont need ufo original data anymore?

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »
I Guess i should start an official thread for this, so i can keep people informed of what i'm up to, and also have a convenient place to keep track of feature requests.

small preamble to what i'm doing:

you see all this awesome content here on the forums?
i'm putting it all together in one big centralized mod.
while i'm at it, i'm adding any feature i can think of, and then some.

here's a short feature list to whet your appetite:
new armor (additional, not a replacer)
new weapons (flamethrowers, shotguns, grenade launchers, knives, more!)
new tanks (build your own sectopods!)
new alien weapons (disruptors and gauss rifles)
new units (police and soldiers, who will show up on terror missions and help fight the aliens)
FLASHBANGS! (instant-detonation, reduces target's reactions, accuracy, and view distance)
and much, much more.

for a full feature list of what i'm up to, click the following link:
List Of Things.txt

SOrry how does this relate to the [The Final Mod Pack] Core/Tech Tree part thread. Somewhat confused as ever,bob
Is this the latest official build for Oxcom?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:36:33 pm by SenniTrebor »

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2014, 11:55:38 pm »
It doesn't sound very logical that you can switch a weapon between arcing and straight trajectory.

It mainly depends on the type of ammo: propelled or unpropelled, a regular smoke grenade launched from a launcher is like throwing it (except it ignores strength as the maximum range). A propelled smoke grenade launched from a launcher is following a straight path towards the target.
This surely depends on range in that over a certain range arcing trajectories are needed to increase range eg launchers. can also be used for indirect fire at shorter ranges with high arc.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2014, 12:07:38 am »
Be careful that you're replying 2-year-old posts :) "War" starded as a standalone modification of the program (Since then,  Warboy has taken strong part into the development of OpenXCOM itself)

On the other hand, the Final Modpack is a work-in-progress compilation and integration of mods, and thus it only uses features that are available in the official game engine.

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2014, 12:10:19 am »
Be careful that you're replying 2-year-old posts :) "War" starded as a standalone modification of the program (Since then,  Warboy has taken strong part into the development of OpenXCOM itself)

On the other hand, the Final Modpack is a work-in-progress compilation and integration of mods, and thus it only uses features that are available in the official game engine.
Yup just realised my mistake. A lot of warboys ideas seem soon though. Whatever happened to the war mod.