aliens

Author Topic: EXALT HQ mission is completely dark  (Read 2161 times)

Offline pickes500

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
EXALT HQ mission is completely dark
« on: August 21, 2019, 03:05:32 pm »
I just got to the EXALT HQ mission and the entire interior of the building is completely dark. I feel like this mission should not be dark since this is supposed to be a human cult so it's not like they are aliens who have night vision.  Does anyone know if this is mission is intended to be completely or if it is a bug? Either way, is there any way for me to edit the game to make mission not dark?

It basically makes the mission unbeatable at this stage of the game because at this stage the only way to generate light is with flashlights or electroflares. Even if I give all of my soldiers literally nothing but flares they still can't carry enough to light up the gigantic building with all of its rooms. And the AI seems to have no trouble navigating and attacking in the dark so they ambush and kill all my soldiers well before I can even see them.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: EXALT HQ mission is completely dark
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 09:06:12 pm »
I just got to the EXALT HQ mission and the entire interior of the building is completely dark. I feel like this mission should not be dark since this is supposed to be a human cult so it's not like they are aliens who have night vision.  Does anyone know if this is mission is intended to be completely or if it is a bug? Either way, is there any way for me to edit the game to make mission not dark?

It basically makes the mission unbeatable at this stage of the game because at this stage the only way to generate light is with flashlights or electroflares. Even if I give all of my soldiers literally nothing but flares they still can't carry enough to light up the gigantic building with all of its rooms. And the AI seems to have no trouble navigating and attacking in the dark so they ambush and kill all my soldiers well before I can even see them.
EXALT HQ takes place in a regular building, not an underground base. The map is configured to have daytime dependant lighting. If you want daytime lighting you have to attack the HQ at daytime.