aliens

Author Topic: [Answered] Help with Mana turn Genetic Instability script.  (Read 2589 times)

wcho035

[Answered] Help with Mana turn Genetic Instability script.
« on: September 24, 2019, 05:28:29 pm »
Hi Meridian, I wish to post this here because I can't attached zip files in personal messages.

Here is the script, which a scripter has generously donate to me. The coding works in certain situations.. not all the time. 

The scripter has left extensive notes in his script.

How it work is, Mana stats has been renamed Genetic Instability.

After soldier transformation and the soldiers are cloned. How this script works is, their biological clock or life starts, as soon as the clone soldiers was put into the first availble battlescape mission as a trigger. After the trigger mission is done, the soldier's biological clock starts.. how many days they lives is define in the script.. and then once the soldier's life/days times up.  The stats of the soldier crash to nothing.

The script works, it has a counter and it does the crashing job, but not together as planned.

One side of the problem is, the counter doesn't start and after the trigger mission, all the clone soldier's stats crash to deep end immediately when the mission ends.

The other side of problem is, the counter is there, but once it ends. Nothing happen. I am going to send you a transcript of the email as a reference and notes.

The coding of it is beyond my skill to unravel, since you are an experience coder. Perhaps you can help me out.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 02:29:58 pm by Meridian »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Mana turn Genetic Instability script.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:23:02 pm »
You're asking the wrong person.
Like you, I have basically no experience in oxce scripting... and also no time or desire to learn it.
You'll need to find someone else, who already knows it or is willing to learn.

Offline Firaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 08:42:36 pm »
I've tested the version you have posted. The changes you've made to the ruleset are okay and valid. Soldiers are initialized after their first battle using the parameters defined by the tags, but once a soldier is initialized, they are not initialized again, even if you change the ruleset. I believe that's what you've experienced - that you've tested it more than once with the same group of soldiers. If that's the case, only new soldiers who you haven't sent to battle will be initialized with the new tag values.

If you open your save file in a text editor, search for the full name of one of your soldiers. In their data, you'll find a block of information like the image I've attached to this post. These values are the 'minimum stats' the soldier should plummet to after full decay, calculated using the initialization section of the script. If you delete all of the tags listed under a soldier in the save file, it will let you re-initialize them on their first battle.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 01:08:08 am »
Btw. message for the script author:
I have added negative mana recovery per day as suggested, so the soldiers can start decaying from day 1.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:09:39 am by Meridian »

wcho035

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 01:56:27 am »
Hi Meridian, is there a chance one can view the soldiers current recovered mana level in geoscape? I can’t see it anywhere while testing it. From what I understood, those from the stats are max mana a soldier could have.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 02:03:20 am »
Hi Meridian, is there a chance one can view the soldiers current recovered mana level in geoscape? I can’t see it anywhere while testing it. From what I understood, those from the stats are max mana a soldier could have.

go to craft equipment GUI, click on Inventory button and then click on the Rank icon (top left)

wcho035

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 07:24:23 am »
Hi Meridian, as always, thank you for kindly showing me the answers to this. I am praying this script works for me, so I can remove my request for clone aging.

Offline Firaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 04:59:24 am »
Btw. message for the script author:
I have added negative mana recovery per day as suggested, so the soldiers can start decaying from day 1.

Thanks, Meridian, for implementing that. Now that I've had time, I've been able to put that to use in the script.