Author Topic: General Feedback  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: General Feedback
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 12:07:32 pm »
Your agents might find themselves in situations where subtlety is more important than firepower. Certain missions might have you infiltrating high-security compounds or civilian areas, which means you have to blend in in order to get close to your target. In order to see what items are allowed on such missions, use the filter option in the craft loadout section or the buy screen.

OK, thanks. I'll see what I can do.

Or maybe a reword of the "Concealable Items" article would do.

That's what I meant proposing xcom infiltration - for special covert missions you forced to stay in some sort of patrolling state in place of mission for certain time before you can actually "Land" to the deployment - launch mission itself. it's strange for me that you start with full disguise at the second you arrive at the point. It works for a vanilla landing near crashed UFO or at terror site, bot not for covert missions, IMO

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 12:30:50 pm »
That's what I meant proposing xcom infiltration - for special covert missions you forced to stay in some sort of patrolling state in place of mission for certain time before you can actually "Land" to the deployment - launch mission itself. it's strange for me that you start with full disguise at the second you arrive at the point. It works for a vanilla landing near crashed UFO or at terror site, bot not for covert missions, IMO
But that's not what any of this is about - this is about telling people how to use item filters.

What you're proposing wouldn't work with existing game mechanics (as mission are set to automatically despawn) and i don't see how it would add anything meaningful to the game. We already spent most of the time waiting for something to happen. I don't see how having to 'patrol' the area would add to the experience, since it doesn't entail any player interaction. It's just added wait time.

As far as i can tell all of this would already have been factored into the mission itself (talking lore wise), since we don't have to wait for submarines to deploy either, or for the avenger to reach mars,  for our agents to actually enter caves etc. - all of these would have to include deployment times, but actually including in the game is kind of pointless, as it adds nothing to gameplay.

By all means, go ahead and pretend your agents have to spent additional time doing all of these tasks. I don't think I will.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:32:57 pm by krautbernd »

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:30 pm »
When do alien alloy welders show up? Is there a specific mission? I have almost everything researched that doesn't require improved labs.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 05:43:39 pm »
When do alien alloy welders show up? Is there a specific mission? I have almost everything researched that doesn't require improved labs.
They are normally carried by engineers.

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 03:38:55 am »
I found the alien loadout by rank file. Is it possible that I skipped over the drop or should you keep seeing them over time? I'm pre-1999 and have taken down a battleship and captured a sectoid leader and commander.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 10:13:24 am »
I found the alien loadout by rank file. Is it possible that I skipped over the drop or should you keep seeing them over time? I'm pre-1999 and have taken down a battleship and captured a sectoid leader and commander.
Again, they are normally carried by engineers. Engineers don't suddenly cease to spawn, nor do other ranks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:15:17 am by krautbernd »