Author Topic: Options and Savegame Location  (Read 6079 times)

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
Options and Savegame Location
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:46:55 am »
I tend not to use my Windows profile folder (My Documents, My Photos etc.), and keep my data on other drives. That way, if I need a system reinstall, I can format C: without worrying about anything.

So, could we make it an option to store options and saves locally with the game or in the profile?

Ta

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Options and Savegame Location
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:15:40 am »
I tend not to use my Windows profile folder (My Documents, My Photos etc.), and keep my data on other drives. That way, if I need a system reinstall, I can format C: without worrying about anything.

So, could we make it an option to store options and saves locally with the game or in the profile?

Ta
You can move it to a "user" subfolder in OpenXcom (or specify a custom one throguh -user command line parameter) and it will be used instead. :)

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
Re: Options and Savegame Location
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »
U can alter the location of the folder. I did not check this as he will work.
That's a Windows option only. When I (eventually) get around to doing the Pandora build, that won't be an option. Also, if I can use a game sub-directory, it means I can just copy the whole game folder from PC to PC and get everything set up as I like

You can move it to a "user" subfolder in OpenXcom (or specify a custom one throguh -user command line parameter) and it will be used instead. :)
So just create a "user" directory underneath my game folder, and copy the files there? If so, sounds great. Thanks