aliens

Author Topic: [DONE] QOL Advanced Option Toggle: Default on-site transport to "Patrol".  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Feature request: When a transport reaches the mission site and the mission start confirmation pops up, if you press "No" the transport goes is set to Return to Base.

My request would be to make a toggleable option that changes it so it is automatically set to Patrol instead.

Reason: The only reason I ever select "No" is because it's reached the site at night and I'd rather wait for daybreak than deal with a night mission.

I can (and do) of course click on the transport, click again to confirm I'm selecting the transport (as it's on top of the mission site), and select patrol, but that's 3 extra clicks I have to make about 50% of the time (playing XCOM Files where earlygame mission timers are rather long). This option would save me about 1.5 geoscape clicks per mission.

Thoughts? I'm not sure if I should be requesting this here, or if it would be more appropiate to request to OXCE.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 10:53:42 am by Meridian »

Offline TKO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: QOL Advanced Option Toggle: Default on-site transport to "Patrol".
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 02:12:51 am »
Yeah, actually, this is a suggestion I'd like to put my vote behind too.  Sometimes your landing-craft gets there, and you want to wait for daylight before launching the attack. 

Also, often the interceptor will get to a landed craft first.  So you want it to patrol, and immediately attack the UFO, should it attempt to take-off.

So really, when you reach a craft that's on the ground, rather than just having the options to "attack" and "return to base", a third option to "patrol" would be incredibly useful -- for both landing craft, and interceptors.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 12:15:51 am »
Upvoted

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 08:29:35 pm »
I fully agree

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 12:52:09 pm »
Added.
Press CTRL to switch between No and Patrol buttons.