aliens

Author Topic: How do I modify the cost/salary of scientists and engineers?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Cenobite30

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi, all. Just what the topi says. I am trying to tweak the balance a bit by altering the cost and salary of scientists and engineers, but I can't figure out which file to edit. The only thing I can find which mentions it is the vars_XCOMFILES.rul file, but altering it doesn't seem to do anything. Any help is appreciated.

Unrelated note: I'm really enjoying the mod so far. I am about six months in. I have pretty frequent crashes, but it's a lot of fun, like when I thought I won a battle by killing a mongorn only to find that there were six or seven more ready to murder my guys.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How do I modify the cost/salary of scientists and engineers?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 12:08:04 am »
Check the ruleset reference, but the entry you happened upon should be the one you need to modify.

Also, you should not encounter frequent crashes - please report all such occurences (with the appropriate info) in the bug-thread.

Offline Cenobite30

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 12:43:16 am »
Thanks for the response! I'll report my crashes.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 06:11:57 pm »
The only possible crash in 2.4 is an issue with citizens/police/military vs. monsters. Anything else is probably on your end.