Author Topic: [MOD] Recruitment Office  (Read 4960 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
[MOD] Recruitment Office
« on: April 28, 2019, 04:23:04 pm »
I've adapted biggieboy's recruitment office mod for XCF, complete with research and ufopedia fluff article.

Provided you have convinced the world governments that you are the best organization to handle the looming thread and you've taken first steps into unlocking the secrets of the (human) mind, you can now recruit agents that are able to hit the broadside of a barn (maybe), don't immediatly panic upon losing a fellow collegue or having their mind invaded (hopefully) and can actually carry a shotgun and a flashlight without running out of breath (maybe).

Stats might or might not be to everybodies liking, let me know if these need changing.

Original terrain by biggieboy, i only modified the base sprite to fit XCFs color palette.

This might break as new armors and missions are added to the mod (as these need to be defined for every soldier type) - let me know if you encounter any issues.

EDIT: I just noticed that the uploaded version still had my extended stat and training caps. Replaced with vanilla stat caps.
EDIT 2: Added a missing armor definition and ability to eat delicous confectionary. Archive updated.
EDIT 3: Replaced with updated version, also see below.
EDIT 4: Updated for XCF 3.2

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 10:30:41 pm by krautbernd »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Recruitment Office
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:25:24 pm »
Hell yes! That's one of the things I wanted to be compatible with X-Files. I'll wait for the future update and hope it works well. It does so with the temporary version of Github, so it should be fine.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 11:00:33 pm »
Certainly wouldn't mind it incorporated into vanilla X-Com Files.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 01:36:25 pm »
To be honest I don't want to make a special soldier type just for this, since we already have several non-human types and it would look kinda messy. But the main reason is that I have another idea for soldier advancement, which is not possible now but probably will in the future. So feel free to use this as a submod, but I am not planning to include it in the main, sorry.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 02:06:34 pm »
I mainly added this to represent X-Com being recognized as an independent, international organization and the foremost authority (at least 'official') on anything supernatural. As such, the organizations should have access to different sources of manpower, including other countries special forces etc. - something it didn't have when you were just starting out and had to make do with anyone willing to sign up (which the stats kind of represent tbh). I really like the idea that you can represent the vetting and evaluating process by increasing the arrival time.

The biggest issue i have right now with the mod (and different soldier types in general) is that you have to define armors seperately for every type of soldier seperately instead of defining armor sets/classes that you can assign to soldiers.

Another way to implement this would be to 'replace' soldier types once you reach certain milestones (i.e. promotions) alltogether and up costs/salaries acordingly.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 04:15:59 pm »
These are valid concerns, which is partially why I'm withholding any work on this until we have the code for "commendation bonuses".

Offline Spacewolf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 02:22:01 pm »
For the record, this mod does not show up under XCF mods. It shows up under XCOM 1 mods instead. How do I fix?

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 08:06:38 pm »
For the record, this mod does not show up under XCF mods. It shows up under XCOM 1 mods instead. How do I fix?

I could be wrong about this but I think what you need to do is open the metadata.yml file in the mod's folder and then change the line that reads like this:
Code: [Select]
master: xcom1
To this instead:
Code: [Select]
master: x-com-files

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 11:43:56 pm »
lol, I wasn't aware anybody is actually still using this  ::)

The mod entry isn't the only thing that is outdated about this, the mod is also missing a couple of armors and transformations. I have attached an updated version that should hopefully get this mod in line with XCF 2.9, please let me know if you run into an issues. Please be advised that stat caps and training stat caps are probably unbalanced, you might want to change these into something more sensible. Might get these in-line with the current XCF stats at a later date.

Changelog

1.02:

- Now requires XCF as master
- Added missing transformations
- Added all of the missing armors (hopefully)

Offline Spacewolf

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2023, 07:36:03 pm »
Sti8ll missing an armor, I think. Attached my openxcom.log file, hopefully it can be of some use.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2023, 12:24:19 am »
Not missing, but one too many actually - MULTIEXO is one of my other mods. Fixed version attached, thanks for reporting.

Changelog

1.03:

- removed invalid armor definition

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2024, 10:26:48 pm »
Updated for XCF 3.2

Changelog:

Added missing armor defintions, transformations and starting conditions for veteran soldiers
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 10:30:56 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2024, 04:43:06 am »
I was using this mod, after update it stop working so I edit another recruitment mod :p

This mod is "guilty" of make me start modding this game.