Author Topic: Area 51 beta version 0.971 released April 27th  (Read 883 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Area 51 beta version 0.971 released April 27th
« on: April 27, 2019, 05:15:28 pm »
Available at the official mod site - https://openxcom.mod.io/area-51

Alternate Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vq3gjt5340zd9x8/Area_51_v0.972.zip/file

IMPORTANT: Requires upgrade to OXCE 5.5

Change Log
* Fixed UFOpaedia craft articles for stat box to display correctly number of pilots
* Changed pilot requirement for most craft to 1
* Added Xenophobia global chance rules, to determine if xenophobia will be present at all during a mission, requires OXCE update to work.
* Added Training Rooms, each room allows up to 10 soldiers to train their stats
* Changed officer promotion requirements - soldiers can only reach sergeant rank, need to be trained as officers (using training room) to progress up to commander
* Pilots and officers come with their own specific colored jumpsuits
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:42:18 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Area 51 beta version 0.971 released April 27th
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 05:31:03 pm »
This is a quick upgrade meant to address the balance issues for Xenophobia and pilot appearance, and also adds the officer subclass.

The officers still work as before, but now you can control which soldiers become captains and above. Only soldiers can become officers - pilots can get battlefield promotions but they can't advance past the equivalent of sergeants.  Later I'll add new rank insignia when I have the courage to try to draw them :)

Next update will deal with the Council missions, and it will be a huge change.

Offline SIMON

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 05:59:18 pm »
I'm not sure about this one but on base defences, the aliens can seemingly walk through walls! Just debug and play the current save. Also, see attached picture.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 06:02:59 pm by SIMON »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 08:46:00 pm »
I'm not sure about this one but on base defences, the aliens can seemingly walk through walls! Just debug and play the current save. Also, see attached picture.

EDIT: fixed. I've updated the download links. Thanks for the report!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:00:22 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Mickey900

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 02:24:46 am »
How do the training rooms work? I can't seem to figure out how to "train" my troops with them. I right click on the facility but nothing happens. And I don't understand how to promote my troops to officers.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 04:58:28 am »
How do the training rooms work? I can't seem to figure out how to "train" my troops with them. I right click on the facility but nothing happens. And I don't understand how to promote my troops to officers.

Have you tried reading the ingame UFOPedia article on Training Rooms? :)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:35:44 am by Hobbes »

Offline robotnel

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 12:03:40 am »
I also have a few more questions regarding the training room:

1. The UFOpedia article screenshot says room for 10 soldiers, but I can only put 5 into physical training. Is the other 5 slots for officer training?

2. When it says "training is allocated at the end of each month" does that mean I should only put in soldiers I want to train at the end of a month and leave them in there for the next month?

3. What happens if I put a soldier in at some other time other than the end of a month?

4. I noticed that if I put a soldier into training, I can also still have that soldier be chosen to fly out on a Skyranger for a mission. Same with Pilots. Does this interrupt their training?

6. For a soldier to be promotable to an officer, do they first need to reach the rank of Sergeant and also be placed into the physical training room? If not, what are the prerequisites for being able to promote a soldier to officer?

7. Are the stat increases received from the TR random in some way or is there a pattern? How do I know when a soldier is 'done' training or can I just keep a soldier in there indefinitely?

Thanks!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 12:50:58 am »
I also have a few more questions regarding the training room:

1. The UFOpedia article screenshot says room for 10 soldiers, but I can only put 5 into physical training. Is the other 5 slots for officer training?

It's bugged. Should be 10 soldiers in physical training (and it will be increased to 15 on the next version).

2. When it says "training is allocated at the end of each month" does that mean I should only put in soldiers I want to train at the end of a month and leave them in there for the next month?

3. What happens if I put a soldier in at some other time other than the end of a month?

4. I noticed that if I put a soldier into training, I can also still have that soldier be chosen to fly out on a Skyranger for a mission. Same with Pilots. Does this interrupt their training?

That part of the UFOPaedia text needs to be corrected (I've used an older version of this mod). You can assign soldiers to physical training anytime (unlike psionic training). It shouldn't interrupt their training if you send soldiers on missions. 

6. For a soldier to be promotable to an officer, do they first need to reach the rank of Sergeant and also be placed into the physical training room? If not, what are the prerequisites for being able to promote a soldier to officer?

You can transform soldiers to officers even if they're rookies (they'll be assigned Squad Leader rank). However, you'll not get any morale benefits unless they start going up the promotion ladder (Squad Leader -> Lt -> Capt -> Major -> Col -> Commander). Soldiers will only have the following ranks: Rookie -> Squaddie -> Sergeant.

7. Are the stat increases received from the TR random in some way or is there a pattern? How do I know when a soldier is 'done' training or can I just keep a soldier in there indefinitely?

Should be randomly. All soldiers have maximum caps on their stats:
      tu: 80
      stamina: 100
      health: 60
      firing: 120
      throwing: 120
      strength: 70
      melee: 120

The closer the soldiers are to those stats, the less they'll gain from either physical training or combat experience. Once a soldier stats reach those caps they can't progress any further.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 01:01:49 am »
How do I know when a soldier is 'done' training or can I just keep a soldier in there indefinitely?

there will be a popup on the geoscape saying "training done"

Offline robotnel

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 02:51:38 am »
What does it mean when a soldier is done training? I've only seen that popup once and I don't remember what unit it was for. I tried looking for him but I think he went KiA on a mission.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 02:26:47 am »
A soldier whose training is done means that all of their stats that the Training Room can train are capped.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 08:29:27 pm »
I've just uploaded an update to 0.971 to fix the Training Room issue and the Blackbird capacity bug reported in another thread.