Author Topic: [MOD] Recruit Concerned Citizens  (Read 4612 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
    • Email
Re: [MOD] Recruit Concerned Citizens
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:48 pm »
This mod is actually pretty much what happens during the second episode Gerry Anderson's UFO TV series (one of the main inspirations for UFO defense), test pilot witnesses a UFO being shot down by SHADO (the x-com-like organization in the show) and immediately starts investigating and snooping around (like the league's missions), he gets the "Concerned Citizen" treatment at some point via some melee by SHADO agents themselves too LMAO, at the end he ends up getting recruited as one of the combat pilots.

While my reason to use this explanation was provoked by the need to explain why rookies suck initially, it really created this kind of a story! :)

Hi, I like the idea and I thinking about a bit more different change - why not to do this with every saved citizen from every mission from the begining. And forbid any purchase of the soldier/scientist/engineer till some research or unlock with Promotion I or II.

So it means that on begining nobody can send you reinforcements but you can save citizens from mission with small chance to turn them into hireable "interested citizen" and after fast interogation on each (like 2-10hours of convincing to join) the person could change to normal soldier (which is now normaly for buy), or small chance to become scientist or engineer, or rare high tier soldier (I assume it is allready exits in game but possible to buy/research later in game now). Or kind of injured ex-Swat or else soldier (...took arrow into the knee...) with one high stat (like 90% of max) and one low stat (like 10% of maximum) or other possible personalities allready built in game.

If RNG gives you more scientist or enginner you can´t use on begining, you can allways fire them. And from soldiers you can choose the one´s you need, rest fire/sold. Or use rest as cannon fodder.

And after some research or Promotion the Council finally allow you to buy soldiers/scietists/engineers. But still you are able to turn saved citizens into anything you need.

And the difference between avatar (before / after) it is doesnt matter. The boy could wear women clothes, because he has notnig else, or he is part of LGBT community... what ever reason people have today to looks different... no big deal.

That´s could be more "real" on the beginnning as the group without support, so convincing people wherever and whenever it is possible rather to have all easily accesible from beginning. And also could helps to play a bit more cautious to save more citizens....

Just an idea :)

The idea is admittedly cool. Too radical to just implement it as is, but I'd like to see it done in a submod.

(I think you can't recruit engineers and scientists like this, though.)

Offline Corento

• Sergeant
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Recruit Concerned Citizens
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 04:59:18 pm »
The idea is admittedly cool. Too radical to just implement it as is, but I'd like to see it done in a submod.

I know it´s late to rework it completely this way. Unfortunately I know nothing about making mods. But here is a lot of smart moders, maybe someone can do it.

(I think you can't recruit engineers and scientists like this, though.)

even through manufacture process? Like interogation in Piratezz - change one unit to another....
or what I experienced now (new start for 1.7 patch) that pop up random event (i think something with salvagers) and few equipment/material/dead body arrived through transportation - so after resesearch of citizen he/she will be lost, but new researcher or engineer will appear ?