Author Topic: Savegame compatibility between openxcom and OXCE?  (Read 277 times)

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Savegame compatibility between openxcom and OXCE?
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:10:39 pm »
Hi, i have openxcom version on pc and openxcom extender android on tablet, could i play between platforms without problems? Or will i change openxcom on pc to openxcom extender?

Thanks in advance

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
Re: Savegame compatibility between openxcom and OXCE?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 12:24:45 am »
Hi, i have openxcom version on pc and openxcom extender android on tablet, could i play between platforms without problems? Or will i change openxcom on pc to openxcom extender?

Thanks in advance

You can transfer your saves from openxcom to openxcom extended without problems. From PC to Android.
But if you transfer saves from openxcom extended to openxcom (from Android to PC) you will lose some information.

I would recommend updating your PC to openxcom extended too... but the decision is yours.

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Savegame compatibility between openxcom and OXCE?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 11:04:32 am »
You can transfer your saves from openxcom to openxcom extended without problems. From PC to Android.
But if you transfer saves from openxcom extended to openxcom (from Android to PC) you will lose some information.

I would recommend updating your PC to openxcom extended too... but the decision is yours.

Thanks!  I'll do that