Author Topic: Landed Missions vs Crashed Missions for Retaliation or Base Discovery Chances?  (Read 2632 times)

Offline spoidex

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I have a current modded game just for combat with basically world wide radar coverage.  I am allowing most UFO missions to land vs intercept/crash unless it is a designated terror with large craft.

I searched the forum and wikis plus from years of play and know about interception near bases and from the forum the UFO route maps for base placement (never knew about that before).

Is there any data on how successful landed missions compare for base discovery or retaliation?  Is there code that runs against both types separately?  I have had some that are fairly close to some bases.

Also are successful landed missions still a loss for XCOM activity ratings since I may allow the craft to fly for several minutes across territory before it lands? Or does only mission outcome get rated as long as the UFO doesn't escape destruction or successful mission.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Is there any data on how successful landed missions compare for base discovery or retaliation?  Is there code that runs against both types separately?  I have had some that are fairly close to some bases.

UFOs that land don't search for your bases and they don't generate any retaliation.

Also are successful landed missions still a loss for XCOM activity ratings since I may allow the craft to fly for several minutes across territory before it lands? Or does only mission outcome get rated as long as the UFO doesn't escape destruction or successful mission.

Yes, they generate negative points every 30 minutes.

Offline humbe

• Colonel
    • View Profile
But when crashing many aliens die alongside much equipment. What matters for score is score difference and I think you more than make up the extra score by the extra aliens killed and extra artifacts gotten. And you get extra money and experience to boot.

(Not sure if replying to old threads is frowned upon or not. Let me know if it is?)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
(Not sure if replying to old threads is frowned upon or not. Let me know if it is?)

It's not frowned upon.