aliens

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Help with "fatal error: vector"/soldierType flags  (Read 2946 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Help with "fatal error: vector"/soldierType flags
« on: March 07, 2019, 02:20:45 pm »
Hello there!

I am testing my WW1 project on Android, using OXCE v5.3. I have twice found this error that says "A fatal error has occurred: vector". It happens in Battlescape, with the gasmask armor of the Soldiers mod and with some weapons from the GunpowderGuns mod. Of course the rulesets still have bugs, I'm still working on them, but this problem I don't know how to solve it, because the log file doesn't says anything.

The next question I have is: in the mod, I have different soldierTypes, one for each nation. I want to activate the flags, similar to The X-Com Files. With the first nation, the British, it worked perfectly. The problem is that with the Americans and Germans, the correct flag does not appear. Flags belonging to the British appear, instead. How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

I'm attaching a Google Drive link with the two mods and a openxcom.log file, because the upload size limit in Tapatalk is around 20 MB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMfZsTMT5LagC3f6vq6yAyjCFti_cdKZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 04:18:00 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Help with "fatal error: vector"/soldierType flags
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 02:47:35 pm »
Soldier types don't have distinct nationalities, it always starts at zero.

E.g.
0 = 01-british
1 = 02-canadian
2 = 03-hindi

0 = 07-american
1 = 08-mexican

0 = 09-german

etc.

If you want to start using flags at a different offset, you need to specify the offset, see here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg83331.html#msg83331

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 03:07:10 pm »
I have twice found this error that says "A fatal error has occurred: vector". It happens in Battlescape, with the gasmask armor of the Soldiers mod

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_GERMAN_GASMASK_UC
    spriteSheet: XCOM_24GM.PCK
    spriteInv: MAN_24GM
    corpseItem: STR_GERMAN_GASMASK_CORPSE
    storeItem: STR_NONE
    loftempsSet: [ 3 ]                  # correct
    loftempsSet: 3                      # wrong
    frontArmor: 14
    sideArmor: 10

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 03:09:14 pm »
I have twice found this error that says "A fatal error has occurred: vector". It happens in Battlescape, with some weapons from the GunpowderGuns mod.

Which weapons? How can I reproduce?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 03:54:10 pm »
Code: [Select]

loftempsSet: [ 3 ]                  # correct

Thank you so much! Basically this solved all my problems.

Which weapons? How can I reproduce?

In the end it was not a problem with weapons, rather with the armor that used them. I mistakenly thought that it was the problem of the items, I never imagined that the problem came from the new armor that I had implemented. Thanks for checking the whole rulesets in detail, I had no idea where the problem was originated.

If you want to start using flags at a different offset, you need to specify the offset, see here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg83331.html#msg83331

It worked too, thank you! :D