aliens

Author Topic: Replace MCD library in a set (MapView and more)  (Read 2486 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Replace MCD library in a set (MapView and more)
« on: January 20, 2019, 08:01:04 pm »
Can I change this
Code: [Select]
files:Office Luxury
${dep}:MCDLIB1 MCDLIB2 MCDLIB3
        MYMAP00:${dep}
end
like this
${dep}:MCDLIB1 MCDLIB4 MCDLIB3
end
without issues?
MCDLIB2 and MCDLIB4 have exactly the same amount of tiles inside.
Obviously I'll need to tweak the map for the changed tiles, but that's a given; what I'd like to know is whether there is risk of map corruption or similar bad stuff.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: Replace MCD library in a set (MapView and more)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:53:53 am »
If mcdlib2 and mcdlib4 arent same mcds with different textures, you will receive completely brocken map.
Or you must design mcdlib specifically to fit mcdlib2 placements. Like stairs-stairs, window-window, furniture-furniture.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 07:09:37 am »
Can I change this
${dep}:MCDLIB1 MCDLIB2 MCDLIB3
end
like this
${dep}:MCDLIB1 MCDLIB4 MCDLIB3
end
without issues?
MCDLIB2 and MCDLIB4 have exactly the same amount of tiles inside.
Obviously I'll need to tweak the map for the changed tiles, but that's a given; what I'd like to know is whether there is risk of map corruption or similar bad stuff.

As Nord mentioned, you would have to be willing to fix any wrong entries if you switch between maps like that, its fine if you are just switching graphic sets ( IE change a Black wall in MCD2 with a Red wall in MCD4) but if one has a wall and the other is a chair, your maps will be all kinds of funky :)

Depending upon what your trying to achieve it may be easier to create MCDLIB5 and tack it on the end or have 2 separate mapsets and load some squares from Office Luxury 1 and some from Office Luxury 2 to avoid the MCD count.

Offtopic, but it looks like your using Mapview1, i would suggest upgrade to mapview2 as i know when i was modding years ago, even a minor typo you to cause me massive amounts of grief. Mapview 2 uses Yaml and its very nice :)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 09:52:55 pm »
I know the map will be funky-broken, but if that can be fixed by hand without issue then I'm good.
What I'm scared about is map corruption or the like.

I know about mapview2, but I already have too much stuff set up in mapview1 to switch.