Author Topic: [DONE] Luke83 wishlist (more armor transformations, sell price coefficients)  (Read 10548 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: [Requests & Guidance] OXC - Factions
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 10:14:31 am »
Fantastic.

And thankyou Solarius, since you updated your mod so quick, you are making it easy for me to work out what i need to do to add this to my own map :)

Question,
 Is it possible to Kill creatures if you dont want them underwater ( like common humans) ???

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 10:30:42 am »
How about not adding them in the first place.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 10:45:14 am »
How about not adding them in the first place.

i have not looked at that part of the code yet ( remember i have been doing rulesets for 2 months only) but if there on a UFO that crashes into the water wouldnt they be there?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:49:50 am by luke83 »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 10:47:29 am »
yeah, for UFOs it will be more complicated, I thought about mission sites

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 10:51:58 am »
yeah, for UFOs it will be more complicated, I thought about mission sites

Also i now have water polygons on my globe,they are specified as :
globe:
  textures:
    - id: 13,14 & 15

I assume SOMEHOW a crashsite will need to do a check if its underwater or not and determine who to spawn.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:58:05 am by luke83 »

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 03:05:37 pm »
Is it possible to Kill creatures if you dont want them underwater ( like common humans) ???

I did it the crude way: since I don't have diving suits for X-Com dogs (which would be pretty useless anyway), I put a warning that dogs will die underwater and made an armour transformation which changes the dog's armour into a similar one but this part added:

Code: [Select]
    recovery:
      health:
        flatHundred: -0.2

This kills the dog quickly and not very humanly. :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 10:10:15 pm »
Is it or would it be possible to generate a crash site mission when xcoms craft are shot down? All the crafts in my mod will be based on ufo tech so if the aliens ufos cn crashland the xcom ones should be able too also.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 10:12:20 pm »
And what would the crash site do?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 11:23:57 pm »
I would have a random Selection of soliders that survived the crash, mostlikely controlled as civilian as they are all Confused and stuff, and i would have the aliens land trying to exterminate any surviving soldiers.

Just as a idea instead of lossing everyone instantly.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 11:29:51 pm »
I would have a random Selection of soliders that survived the crash, mostlikely controlled as civilian as they are all Confused and stuff, and i would have the aliens land trying to exterminate any surviving soldiers.

Just as a idea instead of lossing everyone instantly.

You don't lose people when shot down by a HK by default, configurable.

When not fighting HK, you can just abort.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2021, 12:03:55 pm »
3) - Sell Price,  Can we have adjust the Sell Price based upon difficulty level selected EG: Beginner - you sell everything at Sale price listed in ruleset * 1.4, on  Ironman mode you sell everything at price listed in Ruleset *0.4.

Added.
Numbers are in percent.

sellPriceCoefficient: [200, 100, 80, 60, 40]

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
Sellprice vs manufacturing costs
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2021, 02:22:58 am »
sellPriceCoefficient :

I like the idea of selling loot at higher levels for less money.  :D
It is a serious design bug of OXC, that higher levels get more and better loot at the beginning of the game and so have an easier economic start than the beginner levels do.

But I calculated this sellPriceCoefficient for popular manufacturing goods, like STR_PWT_CANNON and STR_GAUSS_CANNON or even STR_PARTICLE_DISTURBANCE_SENSOR in TFTD. Most of the sell price is production cost (workers, building, material). If the sell price changes 10% up or down, the effect is enormous.

Maybe that problem could be solved with something like
  sellPriceCoefficient: 100
or
  sellPriceFixed: true  #default false
written to the item to overwrite/deactivate the global sellPriceCoefficient settings for selling this item. Then manufacturing for money could be the same for all difficulty levels.

And this could be useful for Items with a price fixed by the story, too. If the artifact text says "this jewelring is worth 777$", this should probably not change depending on difficulty level.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
sellPriceCoefficient:

I was trying to use the current implentation of sellPriceCoefficient and I was running into the exact same problem as stated here:
sellPriceCoefficient :

I like the idea of selling loot at higher levels for less money.  :D
It is a serious design bug of OXC, that higher levels get more and better loot at the beginning of the game and so have an easier economic start than the beginner levels do.

But I calculated this sellPriceCoefficient for popular manufacturing goods, like STR_PWT_CANNON and STR_GAUSS_CANNON or even STR_PARTICLE_DISTURBANCE_SENSOR in TFTD. Most of the sell price is production cost (workers, building, material). If the sell price changes 10% up or down, the effect is enormous.

Maybe that problem could be solved with something like
  sellPriceCoefficient: 100
or
  sellPriceFixed: true  #default false
written to the item to overwrite/deactivate the global sellPriceCoefficient settings for selling this item. Then manufacturing for money could be the same for all difficulty levels.

And this could be useful for Items with a price fixed by the story, too. If the artifact text says "this jewelring is worth 777$", this should probably not change depending on difficulty level.

I can adjust the Sellprices but this largely effects the manufacturing money making machine I balanced the economy in Hardmode Expansion around.

May I suggest to add a nested list, of Items to which the sellPriceCoefficient should be applied to?
sellPriceCoefficient: [100, 85, 70, 60, 50]
sellPriceCoefficientAffectedItems:
  - STR_PLASMA_PISTOL
  - STR_PLASMA_RIFLE
  - STR_HEAVY_PLASMA
  - STR_MIND_PROBE

All other Items would still have their fixed price, and if the list is empty (as by default), then the sellPriceCoefficient would be applied to all available items.

This would this awesome feature for me exactly the thing I need to balance the economy in Hardmode Expansion for lower diffciulty levels (my goal is to enable players to also enjoy lower diffciculties, in case they wanna do so.)
I basically only want to have the sellPriceCoefficient effect collectable loot from aliens.

Hope this is going to be heared, you guys are awesome :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:48:38 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
hellrazor, I completely agree, but it would be better if such a modifier for the sale and purchase price, depending on the difficulty level, was a property of the item itself. That is, there is a global modifier “sellPriceCoefficient”, and there is an individual modifier in the item itself. Plus "buyPriceCoefficient".

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
hellrazor, I completely agree, but it would be better if such a modifier for the sale and purchase price, depending on the difficulty level, was a property of the item itself. That is, there is a global modifier “sellPriceCoefficient”, and there is an individual modifier in the item itself. Plus "buyPriceCoefficient".

As long as I can set it up so only a selections of Items gets the "sellPriceCoefficient", I would not mind this solution either.

It would really help to make the economy in Hardmode Expansion more balanced for lower difficulties and the Mod can move on to become basically something like the Long War Mod for Nucom, just for the Original game :)