Author Topic: [TC] [OXCE] [WIP] - OXC FACTIONS ( AKA Alien Civil War)  (Read 75978 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [TC] [OXCE] [WIP] - OXC FACTIONS ( AKA Alien Civil War)
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2019, 11:22:54 am »
Yes, this was meant to be the Gillman Kindom :P

I made a new grass/vine last night for this map to start adding some colours and was thinking about some tall mushrooms, i could bring the small one over too, will see how it looks.

Yes i am a little worried about the destructible terrain but i think i have a working solution for it will have it tested over the weekend, should be a blast to test, get it, blast ;)

HAHAHAHA

Yep, they look good, mate! How about adding your secret mushrooms? 7u7

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2019, 03:03:13 am »
I loved Total War: Shogun 2's Realm Divide Event, if it wasn't broken. I'll propose my version...

Earth Divide: Mid to late-game, once the Brain reconnects with Earth, there's a new division, no longer an all out faction war.
(Mother) Brain regains her loyalists and slowly the other factions vs. you and the alliances you've prepared.

So "Earth Divide" triggers in "OXC Factions" after you reach a certain high score or high tier level of tech. This means Mother Brain makes contact with Earth.
- 40-50% random alien factions(allies included, but lesser chance) return to Mother's side immediately and focus most attention against the human/alien retaliation, AKA you and your allies.
- As time passes, one by one, your diplomatic enemies who didn't get mind controlled at first will eventually be persuaded to seek destruction upon you and your alliance.
- Every time the Brain regains a faction, a major dice roll against you will be checked whether an ally stands by you or break away depending on*
      1. faction strength(both yours and your ally)
      2. diplomatic points that determine your relationship with your ally.
      *After 3-5 rolls, your allies are influenced by your Braveheart(the movie) characteristics and will permanently remain with you.

Final note: Allies who leave you during Earth Divide will remain friendly towards you. They respect you, but are cowards and can be attacked later on.

Add-on Idea:
You could also make one unique faction permanently hate the Brain. They can be the Magicarp of your mod. Your starting relation with said faction is "Strong Ally". They're a defensive ally early to mid-game so you'll have to protect them from large enemy parties. They'll shine in the Earth Divide event (for balance?) and disappear late-game. They have unique technology only they can share with you, they're also focused on technology to free themselves from total mind control. They'll be immune to Earth Divide and begin focusing on warfare at that point. They won't tell you, but they're also working on Warp Gate Technology so they WILL disappear suddenly and by the end of that Month's report, you'll be notified that no trace of the Protoss is left on Earth. Hope you have some strong allies.

You'll probably be telling stories of how the Floaters stuck it out with you when all your other allies died or fled away. Floater/Human freedom!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:12:15 am by Mr. Quiet »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 07:32:50 am »
Some interesting ideas there Mr Quiet :)

Found some Grunge UFOs from the Strategy Core site, then i found New_civilian had already created a Ruleset for these in OXC so i was like, hell there coming into my mod :)  Just need to tweak the MCDs a little as currently they have organic sprites in them & i dont want them merged with the Organic set ( as i have a floating organic city) , They also use the Xbase sprites, still not sure if i will remove all traces from of these from the set yet or not..we will see.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:25:55 pm by luke83 »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 03:00:18 pm »
I wish I could do something other than just say this looks goddamn amazing, but hey, it really does look goddamn amazing.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2019, 08:57:02 am »
This new grunge UFO totally fits into your mod, mate! :D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2019, 11:38:23 am »
This new grunge UFO totally fits into your mod, mate! :D

Thanks mate, i have now removed the ORGANICs from these Grunge ships so these are basically done now, i left the Human hardware inside these ships, they can be used by a combined human/alien faction that has retrofitted the Ancient Ufos to be used in the civil war.

Also i still have about 10 map blocks to build for the Organic city/island mapset but its starting to come together now.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:20:00 pm by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:08 pm »
I would like to see more human tech inside this Grunge UFOs, like those found on Xcom bases!

Any further progress on nuked land/city?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2019, 10:22:10 pm »
Any further progress on nuked land/city?
On the nuke maps i still need to build more variations of buildings but have moved  on for now since these buildings are so large it becomes a big job each time i do one (so i wanted a break). I also still need to come up with a savage style of buildings to go on these maps but am still looking for insperation.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2019, 10:56:53 pm »
I now have 20 mapblocks for the Organic Village set so i am calling it wraps for now, time to move onto the next mapset :)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2019, 08:38:31 pm »
I now have 20 mapblocks for the Organic Village set so i am calling it wraps for now, time to move onto the next mapset :)
The Gillmen Kingdom is truly beautiful.

I'm eager to wreck havoc on this land.

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2019, 03:37:33 pm »
Just a quick update to show that work is still progressing here, currently i am expanding my underground terrain sets and one of these sets includes a new Snakeman base, still going to need another week or two get see how it turns out.

Still only early days on this one, right now most mapblocks are identical to others as i only just got the Digtunnel command working ( thanks to Warboy and Hobbes) so now i can go through and start tweaking the blocks until i am happy.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:51:19 pm by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2019, 04:15:14 pm »

I like a lot the blood everywhere.  ;D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2019, 01:58:58 pm »
half of the mapblocks are now built.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2019, 05:40:08 am »
Found windows 10 has a built in screen capture program, just testing it out whilst testing my  newest mapset for bugs...

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:56:39 am by luke83 »

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2019, 06:39:03 am »
xcom is such a great game :)