aliens

Author Topic: Base on the North Pole  (Read 2547 times)

Offline DiamondJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Base on the North Pole
« on: December 19, 2018, 08:51:27 am »
How can I build base exactly on the North Pole? In original XCom I could do it and when I pushed buttons 'turn planet' my base just stood in center and didn't move while Earth was going round. Now even when I edit file and write -1 rad - it jumps around. What should I do?

Did I write everything correct? Does anybody understands what is my problem?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:58:49 pm by DiamondJack »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Base on the North Pole
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 04:40:42 am »
How can I build base exactly on the North Pole? In original XCom I could do it and when I pushed buttons 'turn planet' my base just stood in center and didn't move while Earth was going round. Now even when I edit file and write -1 rad - it jumps around. What should I do?

Did I write everything correct? Does anybody understands what is my problem?

It's not possible, just checked.

This is the original's Geoscape. It's quite easy to place a base at the North Pole since you simply have to put it at the intersection of the 3 polygons:

But on OXC, the lightning is more even to hide the individual polygons so you don't know where the pole is and if you try to place it as closest to the 90 degrees North, it seems to be in a slightly different location than the original, and it won't keep in the same place if you rotate the Earth from the equator:

OXC Geoscape *should* be more realistic than the original, but only the developers can explain these differences
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 04:42:59 am by Hobbes »

Offline DiamondJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Base on the North Pole
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:57:06 pm »
Hobbes
I do not mean that I cannot SEE the point where to put base. Even when I edit the .sav file and put coordinates = '-1.5707963267948966192313216916398' (because the type of this variable is REAL) - base still jumps around and also radar picture crashes.

FeruEnzeru
Afaik, you cannot put base on the edge pixel of the land. Or do you mean something else?