Author Topic: [GEOSCAPE]Zooming in and out on the Geoscape improvements/changes  (Read 447 times)

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
When i was continuing my game on experience (part of my "5 difficulties on no ironman first, then 5 difficulties on yes-imm second" challenge i keep doing over Nov to Dec).
I was wanting to build a base in the Pacific (unless it's the Hawaiian isles meaning to not place a base on the left/right sides of the islands 95% next the sea/water), well, i have 5 bases in my current experienced campaign on no-ironman (that reason to keep on with the challenge i have to in order to see if my xcom moods gets good or healthy enough to do it).

Also, is there a next year nightly or OXCE version make zooming in/out more easier to build a base (anywhere not in the water in UFO94 or on land in TFTD unless you make a TFTD TC mod where you build bases on land/ground) in a geoscape area where it involves islands or such.

Here's my screenshot of the zoom in/out thing that made my base building on PAC difficult, due to not 1000% zoomed in or out to see geo pixels (just for my idiocity in IRL, not me playing games or watching stuff on YT or watching movies/shows/OVs, i dunno.  :-\).

Now that's what i need something better than just a zoom in/out limit.
  • Remove the zoom in/out limits for geoscape
  • Change the limits (Really useful or not useful)

I think either Nighly or OXCE to do a increase/decrease or remove zoom in/out limits for the geoscape that way i might be able to build a base in PAC (or on anywhere in TC mods that have geoscape planets that are not Earth, or Mars as i should say). Poor game and poor me for wanting to build a base in the pacific.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:20:28 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [GEOSCAPE]Zooming in and out on the Geoscape improvements/changes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 01:41:29 pm »
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking for the option to zoom in or out further on the geoscape?

Are you having difficulty placing a base on an island? The island hitbox often does not line up completely with its graphic. Try different parts of the island.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 02:43:13 pm »
@Reaver (The Reaver of Darkness)
Oh hi, Reave. Sorry for sooner reply, i was kinda busy in irl on computer/internet crap, i'm bout to be having chicken-jalapeno pepper stuff with rice for maybe as a early morning meal for example reasons.
I'll see what's inside of the reply. :)
Are you having difficulty placing a base on an island?
It's this part i should say. V

And yes, i was having difficulty with placing the base on the island. (Cuz that edge of the island's an important part for a base for me to have on one of the Pacific islands other than Hawaii or different islands than hawaii. :-\) :(
The island hitbox often does not line up completely with its graphic. Try different parts of the island.
Well... too late, already placed it here just to be sure-ish.

Man i wish i have a better zoom in or out limit on newer future OXCE versions (or Nightlies since i'm doing OXCE for better uses) to see if i can try building my first base or my other multiple bases here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 01:48:28 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 10:00:15 am »
Yes, i am asking for this suggestion for my 39% worse opinion. Just for a 46% rejectable reason being for this suggestion (unless it involvings removing the zoom in/out limits for geoscape for easy base building).
Ah, I still don't understand what you're asking, but don't bother explaining it to me because I probably won't get it if it's about the geoscape.

I'm glad you could get your base to work!

• Colonel
    • View Profile