Poll

should i play some of this game instead of XCOM games?

can i go ahead and play? :)
1 (100%)
or nevermind. i'll think about it later or next year
0 (0%)
i'll decide yes or no even :-\
0 (0%)
any answers or questions at all ? anyone? :D
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: [Offtopic/Game/Poll]Did i forget this...? ^┓^  (Read 213 times)

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
[Offtopic/Game/Poll]Did i forget this...? ^┓^
« on: December 01, 2018, 02:15:36 am »

I don't remember playing Diablo '96 (this game i keep getting obsessed with years and months ago, along 96 things) in July (or June or August maybe?) with this thing i've found months (or years ago) that works on my Windows 10 computer (along trying to get WC1&2 to work without DOSbox instead. I don't like DOSbox WC2, it always has issues with expansion and retail content. i dunno why.  :-\) because of a whole "Loving Stuff made and released in 1996" crap i'm too obsessed with (especially music, movies or other things maybe).

I would like to play more of UFO94 on experienced difficulty with the challenge i'm going to be doing later, but i'm too stressed out at the moment (i would like playing some non-1990s XCOM games like EU2012 or XCOM2 unless i have rights to play it on my father's steam account so that i can give up 90s XCOM and remove a little bit of stress from micro-managing my crap in 90s XCOM. But i refuse to play them for a reason only with October, idk why i refused to play his Steam or any of my or my family member's steam accounts. ), but maybe when i'm in a mood where i cannot micro-manage my soldiers and bases and other things like that to stress me out.

But now i'm missing my days of Diablo '96, Unreal '98, Starcraft '98, Warcraft 3 (Well... i'm kinda retired that. I will change my mind on that game at some point-ish), Quake 3&4 and others (But XCOM games will be soon unless i lose some of my interest to it if i like).

EDIT: Sorry. The image for this topic is too big. I dunno how to shrink images on OpenXCOM forums or any kind of sites that forums or not. Maybe next time. :(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:18:30 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Offtopic/Game/Poll]Did i forget this...? ^┓^
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 07:26:07 am »
OHMIGOSH YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED DIABLO ONE!? D: WE NEED TO GET YOU HOOKED UP TO A DIABLO I.V. STAT!!

j/k

well...partially

It's a wonderful game and I HIGHLY recommend you play it. If you play it and love the everloving frick out of it then consider installing Hellfire (official unofficial expansion pack by Sierra) and/or Belzebub (popular megamod) to expand the gameplay further. I think Belzebub includes Hellfire content.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 11:46:43 am »
Diablo 1 is definitely the best Diablo.

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:00:06 pm »
Oh hi, guys. Sorry to come by yesterday.

Thanks for replying my on thread, i think one of voted for option 1 believe (meaning i should thank one of you guys). :)

Let's see will quick so that i can read first and then reply? :D
OHMIGOSH YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED DIABLO ONE!? D:
Well... technically speaking.

I used the D1 CD to copy the diabdat.mpq to my "Diablo 96 HD (one for the Belzebub version)" folder (along my "Diablo 96 HD Alpha (used for the Tchernobog version i'm going to be playing after BB)" folder) in July so that i can still help my '96 mood feel better and happy by now.
WE NEED TO GET YOU HOOKED UP TO A DIABLO I.V. STAT!!
Wait a minute, Reaver, do you just say... Diablo IV?

If so, i might be pleased later on unless i might play later Diablo games other than 96 Diablo. (Diablo 2's really hard for me to play and to organize and micro/macro manage my player character).
j/k

well...partially

It's a wonderful game and I HIGHLY recommend you play it. If you play it and love the everloving frick out of it-
Yes it is (so as Warcraft 3. Also, there's going to be WC3 Reforged as the remastered WC3 in 2019 i believe), my dad loves that game (my siblings and i do too. ) when he gets used to other games to play (such as UT99, WC1&2, Quake 3 Arena, Starcraft '98, Red Alert '96, and et cetera) than my family and i do.

But yes, you will recommend me to play it (either 1 or 2 times as i need to) if i get too much stress from 90s XCOM as far as i care much.

(Also i recommend myself playing D1 with 90s rock and metal music or any songs made in 95, 96 and 97 with different genres than rock/metal depending my choices on playing music on YT much instead of the game's music volume turned down and off.

example for music fitting for me playing Diablo 1: Type O Negative's 1991 Album Slow, Deep and Hard or 90s ManOWar or any 90s rock and metal music fitting for my choice)

song example: Type O Negative's Prelude to Agony
-then consider installing -and/or Belzebub (popular megamod) to expand the gameplay further.
Oh yeah, you mean Diablo 1 HD? That kind of good sh*t i keep playing much in July of this year.
Most best part is; Diablo 1 HD (Belzebub and/or Tchernobog) is the version of D1 i can play while i'm on Windows 10 (I always Windows 10 since W7 and their copies of each OS version of W7 are going to be no longer genuine anymore in the future. But i can still keep W10 as needed as possible on each computer i'm using correctly. e.g: my 2 but "now going to be 3 in 2019" Alienware 17 R2 laptop).

Problem is, i can't fight the Butcher in the room where the bodies of people he's tortured and killed; he's not in here as it should say :(

(Also the guy/gal in armor i'm playing is the Barbarian, and i named him Manten like a character from an 2000 anime which is Inuyasha i believe. See image of him (not my barbarian) below i should say. :) )

When i first trying to do is either Town Portal scrolls (Well, Barbarian in D1HD does not allow to have mana/magic which sucks. BECUZ BOOKS, SCOLLS AND EVERYTHING REQUIRE EFFIN' MAGIC SKILL OR LEVEL TO BE HIGHER THAN JUST NO MAGIC SKILL. >o<!), and the scroll won't let me (Since July i've played D1HD.

When i was trying something new like an Elixir of Magic (Maybe that would let me try getting the Town Portal spell to see if it helps. :) ), and then got the town portal spell after right clicking the book to acquire the spell to get to the butcher.

And then although mfw i was trying to use the spell, it opened a red demonic portal to hell which is something may consider seeing....

THE GAME LIED TO ME!!!! WHY!!!!
And then... this is where he's hiding...
This is how his hiding location looks like....

Also red circle spot and exclamation point (used MS Paint instead of pdnt or ADPS or other image editing software/programs/apps).
That's where he was! lies, lies, lies... LIES!!! (OG Diablo 96 without HD Mod has Butcher in his room of corpses he has available for his own choice of play).

And... he's dead. Way to go Manten the Barbarian of Belzebub (Not Tchernobog).

Maybe when i need to play some more. I think i would a day where i can post a new thread on Offtopic or Fan Stuff boards to start attaching/post my screenshots of other games i'm playing and i have in mind (Just like i do on HIVE months ago).
I think Belzebub includes Hellfire content.
I don't quite know... :-\

Before/after i google search "Belzebub hellfire", Belzebub only works on OG Diablo '96 afaik.

But i can still do Tchernobog (The other one that i'm gonna use/play) after Belzebub instead so that i can play the 2014 version of D1HD instead of Tchernobog if i like.

Also that's Diablo 1 HD if i'm correct actually. :D
-Hellfire (official unofficial expansion pack by Sierra)-
Yeah, right. I do not played Hellfire (D1 Expansion made by Sierra in 97. Damn i was a baby in 97 while my mother's pregnant with me in Japan), but i saw it online early years ago (Don't remember it might have screenshots or videos of the game on the Diablo Wikis or anywhere. ).

FYI, D1 Hellfire is not canon, as far as the Diablo lore goes.
Diablo 1 is definitely the best Diablo.
I know! Time to get the XCOM stress out so i can play D1 instead. ^_^
@Reaver
@Solarius
Speaking of Diablo '96.

I gotta go check my Battle Net account (the one i have in the 3rd of March for Warcraft 3. Along other Blizzard created and licensed games only on the BN app) to see what's missing or 90s (or any kind of BZ game that is not 90s) games i have installed (and/or started playing) on there. I'll save Diablo '96 until i wait for a month in 2019 for something that i keep loving forever days and months in 2018 (Something very a wee bit suspicious and very important thing involving Sailor Moon Season 5 (not in Japanese Dub i think, but i'll save Japanese Dub jic that very new thing come outs sooner or later) i keep loving forever i think. )

I gotta remember what is since i've started playing WC3 in March of this year. Gotta find out. 🤔

TL:DR
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:23:24 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline davide

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 11:18:43 pm »

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 09:16:12 am »
Wait a minute, Reaver, do you just say... Diablo IV?
No, Diablo I.V.:

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »
No, Diablo I.V.:
You mean multiplayer for Diablo '96 with the HD mod (either the Hell Mod without the HD Mod exe i keep playing instead of without it)?
Oh i see what you meaning of.
But nah.  :-\
I don't do multiplayer (well excluding Planetside 1 or 2 or any other game i haven't tried or played that is not always single player imo. example: Overwatch, Tribes, or any other non-single player games that have an always-multiplayer mod to my likes and interests to either fantasy or sci-fi or any genre suitable for my XCOM mood and modding interests. )

I always do single-player/solo on D1 (along others) depending my mood for all this. Sorry!

Since i've killed the Butcher in his Chamber of Lies; i'll continue more of playing Diablo '96 again til perhaps maybe in May or June or July of next year i suppose (Something may surprise me in 2019. I'll find out what it likes in May, June or July. :) ).

I'll be getting a shower soon, gotta to check my Battle net account very soon to see what game(s) i missed playing. I'm really kind of hot and heated up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:21:43 pm by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 01:13:36 pm »
No, Diablo I.V.:

Ah, I see... Health and mana! Brilliant.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 12:37:09 am »
You mean multiplayer for Diablo '96 with the HD mod (either the Hell Mod without the HD Mod exe i keep playing instead of without it)?
No, I mean a Diablo intravenous injection. It's a playful way of saying that you should play the game a lot. Sort of like how if you really REALLY need to get a lot of medication into your system RIGHT NOW, they don't wait around with pills, they just feed it straight into your vein. A Diablo I.V. would be feeding Diablo gameplay straight into your vein.

Ah, I see... Health and mana! Brilliant.
Wow, I didn't even notice that before you said it! I think maybe the person in the image is getting a Diablo injection after all.

Right now what I need is a coffee I.V.:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:39:24 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 03:12:50 am »
Hi again, Reavie. Sorry for 2 day late replies, i just got surgery with my wisdom tooths removed at the 5th of Dec.

But i'm feeling a bit strange after surgery for a bit long, but i'm going to be seeing if i can play some more of my experience UFO94 game (part of my whole "play 90s XCOM with mods and no mods" challenge that i've been doing early November) right away and see how i feel playing it while my life without the wisdom tooths feel (maybe uncomfortable-ish maybe).  :-\

Lemme see something will quick.
No, I mean a Diablo intravenous injection. It's a playful way of saying that you should play the game a lot. Sort of like how if you really REALLY need to get a lot of medication into your system RIGHT NOW, they don't wait around with pills, they just feed it straight into your vein. A Diablo I.V. would be feeding Diablo gameplay straight into your vein.
Oh i see. Gotcha. My mistakes actually (It's not IV or multiplayer, it's intravenous injection i believe! :) ).
Now i am so annoying about mistaking the I.V (intravenous injection) part for Diablo '96.
@The Reaver of Darkness
Anyways; i am going to be posting a new thread on the OpenXCOM Extended Board right away since i got my wisdom teeth removed 2-3 days ago, just to see if i can ask anyone about a changelog for the 12-04-2018 build of OXCE before playing (either via reply or via PM from Otto or Meridian or Yankes i guess). V_V''

NOTE: Also forgot the game i forgot to be playing that i will be missing at some point... which is Starcraft '98 on my Battle Net app btw (Will be posting screenshots in the morning after my medicine for my mouth i think.  :) ).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 03:15:52 am by FeruEnzeru »