aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Installation instructions missing?  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Dystilled

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[Solved] Installation instructions missing?
« on: November 29, 2018, 07:41:34 am »
Hey guys, bear with me as I'm new to the whole Open Xcom thing and looking to play the Xcom files mod.

I downloaded OXCE from the Download and Installation thread, but cannot find any instructions within said installation instructions thread.

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as I have no Idea what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:51:39 pm by Meridian »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Installation instructions missing from Installation Instructions thread?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 06:24:07 pm »
The OXCE download package has the same structure as the vanilla nightly download package.
All installation instructions are also exactly the same.

openxcom.org -> download -> nightlies -> FAQ-link
-> https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Installation_FAQ_%28OpenXcom%29#Nightlies_.28eventually_to_be_used_for_v2.0.29
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:27:14 pm by krautbernd »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 08:17:21 pm »
Hey guys, bear with me as I'm new to the whole Open Xcom thing and looking to play the Xcom files mod.

I downloaded OXCE from the Download and Installation thread, but cannot find any instructions within said installation instructions thread.

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as I have no Idea what I'm doing.

If you are playing XCOM files, you don't need to download OXCE nor the Nightly.  The appropriate build of OXCE is  already included in the XCOM Files package.

You still will need to original game files into the appropriate folders, to get the game to run.  Look for instructions in the Xcom files mod.

Offline Dystilled

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 05:23:49 am »
openxcom.org -> download -> nightlies -> FAQ-link
-> https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Installation_FAQ_%28OpenXcom%29#Nightlies_.28eventually_to_be_used_for_v2.0.29
If you are playing XCOM files, you don't need to download OXCE nor the Nightly.  The appropriate build of OXCE is  already included in the XCOM Files package.

You still will need to original game files into the appropriate folders, to get the game to run.  Look for instructions in the Xcom files mod.

Thanks, it's a bit confusing for people coming outside the community with the post just referencing another package which is on another site that they wouldn't be familiar with either, so appreciate the help in clearing up the confusion.