aliens

Author Topic: Buffing Script  (Read 2512 times)

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
Re: Buffing Script
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 04:23:33 am »
Finally read the whole thread (15 posts without the need of being logged in before i logged in to my account) about buffs/debuffs (well, it will happen or i will not happen at least completely 25% sure).

Can this be applied to recovery/regeneration methods?
Like health recovery, stamina recovery or any kind of stat recovery like a regeneration buff/debuff i would like (if armor stats can be regenerated or recoverable)

OR! later terms:
Throw-able stealthy cloaking-ghost grenade/device or bomb thing like the EW Ghost Grenades (aka. Shadow Devices in Long War 1):

Confers temporary stealth on all friendly units in blast radius
    Stealth lasts until the start of the unit's next turn
    Attacks from stealth receive a substantial bonus to critical chance

(man i wish future OXCE (along new codes and others) should have cloaking, concealment(s) and cloaked units, aliens and enemies)

i.e: SideQuests' Apex Alien from XCOM Nemesis mod (Hard to make while coding, still for an expert openxcom modder to work on that alien/unit as far as i recall correctly) :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 05:02:53 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline Finnik

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 09:07:43 pm »
Can this be applied to recovery/regeneration methods?
Like health recovery, stamina recovery or any kind of stat recovery like a regeneration buff/debuff i would like (if armor stats can be regenerated or recoverable)

no, but there is script for that already (i think, Otto maid it)

(man i wish future OXCE (along new codes and others) should have cloaking, concealment(s) and cloaked units, aliens and enemies)
there are, at least in XCOM files, stealth feature. Easy to make with OXCE. dont know how to make temporal stealth and if its needed. i think its bad game design, if its not rare in game

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 11:01:46 pm »
no, but there is script for that already (i think, Otto maid it)
there are, at least in XCOM files, stealth feature. Easy to make with OXCE. dont know how to make temporal stealth and if its needed. i think its bad game design, if its not rare in game
Right...  :-\

Let these my 2 OXCE suggestions (regeneration/restoration buffs/debuffs, and cloaking and cloaked units) be rejected then. VʌV'

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 11:54:30 pm »
Right...  :-\

Let these my 2 OXCE suggestions (regeneration/restoration buffs/debuffs, and cloaking and cloaked units) be rejected then. VʌV'

Finnik is not rejecting you. Ask Otto if he has written some code like the ones you need. :)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 08:34:15 am »
@efrenespartano
Hi efernes, sorry for our late replies 9 days ago.

I was too busy, and been too much tired (and a little unthinkable and unthoughtable and unspeakable) with life, and computer and internet (well my alienware laptop computer's going to be 3 years old in 2019, meaning i won't have a happy 2019 later on) right now (since my wisdom tooths got removed just for a 53% good reason or another at the 5th of Dec).

I'm going to be having an appointment in the morning (or afternoon) with in someone who is need of me to check my gums will quick.

I'll review your late post now i guess.
Finnik is not rejecting you. Ask Otto if he has written some code like the ones you need. :)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I like to, but i'm feeling too uncomfortable for asking him that (along other things. unless it's forum and PM spam stuff i think). But it's okay for Finnik not rejecting me and my suggestions for regenerative buffs/debuffs.

I'll think of something farther more often i guess (even).  :-\
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:44:31 am by FeruEnzeru »