aliens

Author Topic: [MOD] The self-driving car  (Read 12752 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The self-driving car
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 12:39:15 pm »
This looks cool. Will this mod be included in the incoming update? I read that it is already available at the Discord chat, but it still has not been uploaded here for some reason.

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 05:16:02 pm »
Dioxine first released it to the Discord because it's using a new OXE+ to launch the mod, so it's to test for any game-breaking bugs.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 10:15:42 pm »
Okay, if you have the tech, you can build a more powerful car now.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:24 pm »
If there will be a hover version it would be cool if it would look like armored classic yellow cab. X-Piratez have a lot of references to old games and popculture, so why not make one to Quarantine.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 07:01:13 pm »
I really like this. Tank drones, dogs and parrots are good and all, but noting beats the classiness of a self-driving car. Can't wait to see it in game!

Thanks.

It could be interesting if you can use the vehicle for cargo too... Maybe unbalancing, thinking about it, but can be an interesting use in big maps. Gals run with less, and then take what is needed from the vehicle (The vehicle throw things at the floor, that can be a way to simulate the cargo).

Another thing is the front light, it can illuminate your way.

Both are interesting ideas. I think there is already a mod for support drones,  but I am not sure whether these carry stuff around for you.
A front light seems nice, too. Especially for the taxi suggested by JustTheDude.

I gather the sprite sheet from * XTR_4.png could not be used ?

I got the segment error as well when I tried to use it for an HWP, however I did manage to get it ingame when I had the wrong dimensions
ie
    width: 256
    height: 1480
    ==does not crash  but displays oddly because wrong dimensions for sprite.

----
    The correct dimensions
        width: 256
    height: 160
    ===>CRASH

I wonder, could this be connected to the "turretType:"? I stopped testing it, because I like the quad model better by now.

This looks cool. Will this mod be included in the incoming update? I read that it is already available at the Discord chat, but it still has not been uploaded here for some reason.

Thanks. Nope. Did not make it.

If there will be a hover version it would be cool if it would look like armored classic yellow cab. X-Piratez have a lot of references to old games and popculture, so why not make one to Quarantine.

As the taxi in 5th element? I am sorry, I do not do arts. If there was a model I would consider coding it. It think it should be armed with a rotary gun.^^
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 07:10:09 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MODMOD] The self-driving car
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 07:43:34 pm »
Updated for 0.99I2a

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 09:23:09 pm »
It could be interesting if you can use the vehicle for cargo too... Maybe unbalancing, thinking about it, but can be an interesting use in big maps. Gals run with less, and then take what is needed from the vehicle (The vehicle throw things at the floor, that can be a way to simulate the cargo).

Another thing is the front light, it can illuminate your way.

Not a bad idea...

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 05:40:28 pm »
New version available.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 10:03:30 pm »
Feel free to use attached czech strings for your mod.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 06:02:36 pm »
Feel free to use attached czech strings for your mod.

That is very nice, but I was unable to include your translation, as my editor was unable to read the special localized letters.