Author Topic: Open Modding Question Thread  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Open Modding Question Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 01:55:24 am »
ups, I tried steal SupSuper feature :>

The_Funktasm

Re: More diverse and focused Alien Missions/Teams
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 11:54:36 am »
Yes, this is possible using OXCE where psi-amp-type items can have any combination of "Use" (create an attack on the target on success), "Panic", and "Mind Control" actions. You can see an example of this in the X-Com Files mod with the Staff of Heart Grip.

Like this:
Spoiler:
#Psi Attack Segment
    psiAttackName: STR_MC_ATTACK
    dropoff: 0
    hitAnimation: 46
    accuracyUse: 10
    accuracyMultiplier:
      psiSkill: 0.25
    damageType: 5
    powerRangeReduction: 3
    damageBonus:
      psiStrength: 0.5
    damageAlter:
      RandomType: 6
      ArmorEffectiveness: 0
      ToArmor: 0
      ToWound: 0
      ToMorale: 2.0
Dont forget that each  alien unit with psi skill>0 got special weapon, called "ALIEN_PSI_WEAPON", which allows them to panic or control your soldiers.Sadly no. Only way is to make special ammo packs with enormous reload time (like 999 tu), so recharge will be possible only on mission start.

Thank you for the information. It sounds like I could do pretty much exactly what I wanted to. (psionic attacks in the vein of pyrokinesis/electrokinesis/brain-overload and ensuing unconsciousness)

And I suppose special ammo packs would in their own way be more realistic. I already have a flamethrower in my mod which is heavy enough that it is generally emptied and then discarded during missions as the bulk of the weight is fuel. Ammo packs would just be the same sorta deal but with reload time as the impracticality.