aliens

Author Topic: Mapblock size rules  (Read 2261 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Mapblock size rules
« on: December 28, 2018, 05:08:13 pm »
So for mapblocks sizes, i have always stuck to units of 10, can someone confirm if this is a set rule or more of a general standard?

I ask i want to rework my xcom base but blocks of 10x10 dont give a lot of room for creativity and making each square 20x20 is a little excessive so was wondering if something in the middle would cause issues.

Also can anyone confirn, will the gane accept the larger map blocks for xcom base defence mission or is it locked to 10x10?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mapblock size rules
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:16:51 pm »
Multiples of 10 are required for all map blocks.
You can use also irregular ones, e.g. 10x20.

The other question about base defense... don't know.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Mapblock size rules
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:13:04 pm »
I ask i want to rework my xcom base but blocks of 10x10 dont give a lot of room for creativity and making each square 20x20 is a little excessive so was wondering if something in the middle would cause issues.

Also can anyone confirn, will the gane accept the larger map blocks for xcom base defence mission or is it locked to 10x10?

Like Meridian said, you can't do anything in between multiples of 10, and vanilla base facility handling only allows for 10x10 blocks, e.g. the hangar is 4 10x10 maps. However, OXCE's verticalLevels functionality can make larger base facilities single map blocks - I believe Hobbes uses this in the Tech-Comm mod for his 20x20 facilities.