aliens

Author Topic: Confused... Have I missed an installation step? (Now with .sav attatched!)  (Read 2820 times)

Offline ClaireTheApocalypse

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Okay, I found out about this modpack through Lewis and Ben of the Yogscast. I downloaded it and have it installed. It is working, but I am getting a lot of UFOs flying around. I can't exactly do anything about them, but I was wondering if this is intended. I don't seem to remember Lewis and Ben ever seeing a UFO, but I could just be forgetting.

So, is everything working properly and UFOs are expected, or have I forgotten to disable the original game content or something?

Here's the save. I do have the car and started with 2 agents that wore suits, but I felt like there were LOTS of UFOs. https://pastebin.com/J3w1phZh
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:52:31 pm by Venenarius »

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Confused... Have I missed an installation step?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 12:04:02 am »
Ufos do appear occasionally on radar pre invasion, its intentional. Technically speaking, you CAN beat a ufo, but its EXTREMELY dangerous since swat gear and kevlar vs lasers and energy shields is a losing battle, but it isn't impossible strictly speaking.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 01:23:09 pm »
@Venenarius: upload a save to that we can have a look...

There should not be many UFOs at the start... and even if there were, you should not have the ability to detect them.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:34:56 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 04:03:33 pm »
In fact it is possible to detect UFOs, but the chances are rather modest - in the beginning you must rely on random reports and incoming calls, which is represented by the HQ building. So I can't say if it's XCF or not.
You can attach a save like Meridian said, but it is evident at first glance if it's vanilla or XCF - there are different buildings, different craft (you start with a car), agents wear suits and there are only 2, etc.