aliens

Author Topic: Medicals balance  (Read 17111 times)

Offline Toothless Shark

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Medicals balance
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 04:46:55 pm »
Just a thought, maybe replace painkillers with morphine and have it increase morale (flat increase, not depending on lost HP) + temporary boost to psi (few turns tops). Mostly to make user less vulnerable to psi attacks while he's "high".  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 05:09:02 pm »
Affecting psi defence is not possible, after all it's not a variable number like health or stamina.
I could do morale, but stims already cover this. Besides, I don't think being high makes you more resistant to mind control as we know it in X-Com.

In fact I think stims and painkillers should be the same thing, since their secondary effects are samish. I would like to completely roll them together and use the remaining slot for something completely different...

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 12:10:12 am »
I think such stuff would be better done as medical "patches", developed by the doctor. Kinda like equip able buff gear from piratez, but medical patches you wear on your legs / arms. Perhaps am adrenaline patch which increases energy / stun regen, but lowers aim and throwing because of jitters, A sort of sedative increasing bravery substantially, but reducing all cognitive abilities and reducing tu / energy, a stimulant patch which increases reactions / strength but reduces bravery (sort of panic attacks like meth) ect.

Though I'd love a sort of painful, and traumatic injection item which increases health, but causes severe stun, energy loss, and morale loss, as well as bleeding basically saving the units life with an increase of like 30 hp, but completely incapacitating them, and possibly killing them if done too often.

.... I do wish medical stuff could do more in the way of scripting, I'd love a sort of berserk serum that increased stats for like 5 turns across the board, caused regen, of health, but caused morale loss during prone to panic attacks.

Though I think medical patches would fit the theme, and I'm pretty sure they are possible.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 01:47:10 pm »
But I've just written not long ago that you can't have stat modifiers... Why keep mulling over it?