Author Topic: Sharing Is Caring (Contributions)  (Read 16222 times)

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing Is Caring (Contributions)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 01:51:38 am »
yaay i was lazy!... but here, have a bit more menacing "endturn" screen than spays marine.

installation folder is X:\Users\*YOURNAME*\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\40k\Resources\Backgrounds

ill try to find the orginal artist who made this image, i only edited it suitable for xcom palette n such and some shadowing n lighting..and made some minor pixel corrections and so on..... dang theres like thousands of fan art of chaos.... i prolly have the link for the orginal artist in browser history somewhere..

editedit: away with you drunken message
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:17:39 pm by Ryskeliini »

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 07:54:54 am »
Hi bulletdesigner, can you post your tau files? I would give it a try. I have some ideas regarding the tau firewarrior unitsprites.

In the meantime I restarted the camo cloak from scratch and started working on the Tanith pattern lasgun based on the original artwork (idk who made them, maybe one of the Kopinskis?) - got it, it was Adrian Smith.

I have a question regarding the positioning of the "Bigob" picture, it is off on the game screen and on the inventory screen. How can I fix that?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:58:54 am by Lord Flasheart »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 11:55:11 am »
I have a question regarding the positioning of the "Bigob" picture, it is off on the game screen and on the inventory screen. How can I fix that?

Have you tried resizing and/or moving the rifle in the image?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 02:25:54 pm »
You have the weapon set as 3x1 size in the inventory, but in order for that trick to work it needs to be 3x2.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 06:44:51 pm »
I don't have tau sprites but I will see what i have that can help

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 07:24:10 pm »
Cyber-mastiff brings you a compilation of all art made so far in zip format, have fun, do as you please with them if ever needed :3

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 08:06:04 am »
The second version of the Tanith cloak and the Tanith pattern lasgun. I tried to catch the book cover`s atmosphere.

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 11:58:39 am »
I liked the version with face scarf little bit more, Xcom really needs more masked characters  ;D

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 04:56:52 pm »
found my old scout inventory sprite from hd and decided to finish it, here you go! feel free to edit/use it  if ever needed.

Offline Firaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 03:36:01 pm »
This is a set of 4 weapons, 3 of which are combi weapons, and one of which is an offspring. All of these weapons appear on the same loot table as the other special boltguns, meaning that the more missions you run, the more likely you are to collect them. The combi weapons use standard ammo for their "primary" (read: most visibly dominant) weapon, and pistol-sized ammo for their "attachments" (to reduce capacity, and not power). The bolt-firing mechanism on every weapon is considered the base weapon, so even though the combi-melta's "primary" weapon is the meltagun, it will react-fire with the boltpistol attachment. I made the hand flamer partially due to my desire to sword-and-flamer, and partially due to the need for a pistol-sized flamer ammo for the combi-flamer. All combi-weapons use the same script the other boltguns use in order to re-color the magazines.

Combi-Flamer: Performs identically to a boltgun, with the addition of an attached flamer. The flamer performs the same as a normal flamer, except it takes a new "small fuel" item as ammunition. This limits it to 3 uses.
Combi-Plasma: It's a boltgun but with a plasma attachment. The plasma attachment performs identically to a plasma gun snap shot. It uses plasma pistol charges as ammunition, limiting it to 6 single shots, but keeping the same power as a plasma gun.
Combi-Melta: Unlike the other weapons, this is a combination of a melta gun and a boltpistol. It performs identically to both a melta gun and a bolt pistol, although it is a two-handed weapon.
Hand Flamer: Sororitas, rejoice! A lighter, one-handed version of the flamer. It fires faster and in smaller bursts. Hand flamer fuel is identical to standard flamer fuel, although it comes in a smaller capacity. It shares fuel with the combi-flamer. This is the only weapon that doesn't appear as random loot, and is instead purchasable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- I don't know if I can set an individual max range for the combi-flamer attachment, so it can technically target across the map. It is a flamer, so that's a big technically.
- I didn't make custom images for the UFOPedia - the combi-weapons appear as boltguns, and the hand flamer appears as a flamer.
- I wasn't sure how to modify the loot table without overwriting the terrain file, so I didn't package it as a mod.
- I am not a talented artist

Update - I've re-attached the file with some improved graphics (bigobs and handobs). It's most noticable on the combi-flamer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:17:37 pm by Firaa »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 06:11:53 pm »
they all look sexy
-about the codex i got you covered, the pain in the ass is the handsprites
-about the coding part i tried and failed can´t remember why got to talk to oarthstein
-the loot table is easy to change, will do it if guns implemented
-u got talent kid

Offline Firaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2019, 10:00:29 pm »
-about the codex i got you covered, the pain in the ass is the handsprites
Awesome, thanks! ;D

Here's a pack of 3 Terminator weapons, each one locked to a specific Astartes doctrine. I didn't add one for Scout doctrine. (I also went back and updated the combi-weapon file with better art)
Terminator Grenade Launcher: Based on the old sergeant Powerfist-mounted grenade launchers, this weapon can fit a loader of either 10 frag grenades or 10 krak grenades. It MUST be loaded before battles (or during the loadout phase of a multi-stage battle). Also functions as a Powerfist. This weapon gives players who chose Devastator doctrine some heavy-weapons flexibility outside of the non-exclusive Cyclone Launcher. It is a direct-fire weapon to allow it to be used easily in base/space hulk corridors. Exclusive to Devastator doctrine.
Master-crafted Storm Bolter: This weapon type is bound to end up on every Terminator who serves a purpose outside of being a walking Assault Cannon platform, and therefore is exclusive to Tactical doctrine.
Master-crafted Thunder Hammer: There is only one master-crafted melee weapon thus far, so I decided to make this weapon have 20% less tu usage, as opposed to having increased stats. I theorize that this would result in similar performance in a clean manner. I have a separate melee weapon pack I am testing that is using this method of master-crafted melee weapons. Exclusive to Assault doctrine.

Unlike my last post, this one actually loads as a separate mod. All weapons are researched and manufactured after acquiring the relevant technology (or Terminator armor, in the grenade launcher's case).

Update - fixed an error with bigobs
Update 2 - Actually should be fixed and now correctly references the assets from the parent module. I haven't edited rulesets in years and my knowledge is clearly outdated. I also replaced the grenade loaders to look more unique.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 11:15:46 pm by Firaa »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 09:35:26 pm »
hey Fira, can i upload your resources to main mod? Merging both?

I´m Adding a Codex part for credit´s for all contributors so they won´t be forgotten

Offline Firaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 11:21:54 am »
hey Fira, can i upload your resources to main mod? Merging both?

I´m Adding a Codex part for credit´s for all contributors so they won´t be forgotten

Oh yeah, use anything I've posted as you see fit. ;D I'm attaching some Sororitas weapons I made last year before I fell off the face of the Earth, in case you can find anything here you can make use of. I planned on sticking these in the """""melee pack""""" as items to be manufactured with some kind of currency, but I ended up too busy to do anything at the time, and Sisters of Battle are a real thing now. Anything labeled as "annointed" or "alt" was supposed to be a middle-ground between normal and master-crafted weapons, using a script to increase their damage to daemons by 50%. Annointed bolts are colored to fit the annointed bolter only. The included hospitaller skin is based on the older design. I made the assumption that the in-game Sister at the time was of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, so I went with red/white when I made these Godwyn-De'az boltguns.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:42:35 am by Firaa »

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2024, 06:30:44 am »
Not much, just bored, maybe someone can run with the idea.

Hrud 2x2 Loxatl 1x1 Rak'Gol 2x2

They're often alluded to in 40k, the Hrud are a subterranean/stranger-things monsters that warp time, sometimes they flee when they sense incoming doom, Loxatl are prolific mercenaries of Chaos with shotgun rigs, Rak'Gol are a faction of Pirates like Dark-Eldar with Ork-ish tech.