aliens

Author Topic: Crash on a specific music track when using PS1 soundtrack  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Lempizoid

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Crash on a specific music track when using PS1 soundtrack
« on: December 19, 2023, 03:59:41 pm »
I'm getting a crash while using the PS1 soundtrack, but only on one specific music track.

I have followed the instructions on the UFOPEDIA to rename the music files. It doesn't let me post an external link, but it's the page called "Audio Options (OpenXcom).
"

It works great, with the exception of one track. The PS1 soundtrack has 2 Battlescape tracks. Whenever I enter a battle, the game either works normally, and plays the second Battlescape track. I'm not allowed to post external links, otherwise I would have posted a YouTube Link, but just search for XCOM PS1 Battlescape #2 and you should find it.

Or it crashes, I assume when it tries to play the first track, Battlescape #1.

I never get to hear this track since the game always crashes and I have to restart and reload before entering the battle, hoping it loads the other Battlescape track and it doesn't crash. I have tried to switch the names around of the 2 Battlescape tracks, but it doesn't matter. For some reason it just can't play this track and the game crashes. I have no idea why.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on a specific music track when using PS1 soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 04:17:49 pm »
you can post links now, after the first (or maybe second?) post

Offline Lempizoid

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on a specific music track when using PS1 soundtrack
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 01:52:14 am »
No, I still can't post links.

If anyone else is playing the game with the PS1 soundtrack, can you post the file names you renamed them to and some info on how you set it up? Maybe that can help me determine how to solve the issue.