aliens

Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v1.0 Mk. V Attrition  (Read 84527 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [TC] [OXCE] [WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v0.4 Mk I Released now!
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2019, 02:34:01 am »

Wait so you added WW1 battle against other humans, but why? Surely the alien threat is more serious, or will you make a lore reason for the War?

Hahaha yes, but those human vs human battles are separated. They aren't in the campaign, only in the battle generator. It's name is FRONTLINES, as a mock to BF1's Operations. 

One of the first things I wanted to do when we started this project a year ago was to have real WW1 battles. And to be honest, an human opponent is more equal to the player's troops. You know, they are as soft as us.

Martians are toughter and our initial weapons are somewhat ineffective. Against humans no. A shot or two is enough to put down an enemy.

Also have you seen the great war of the worlds mockumentary? I can link one in English if you want, it would be really good inspiration, for example the Martain metal and dark matter guns as described during the war in the mockumentary.

Do you mean The Great Martian War? Sure, that's one of my favorite mockumentary of all the time. If you pay attention to details, a few in-game screens have images of TGMW. Some references are from that movie, like the Martian Metal (and later, Dark Matter)

If you have a link for the full version, I'll be forever grateful, is been a long time since I saw it.

Enviado desde mi LG-M400 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2019, 01:37:15 pm »

Hahaha yes, but those human vs human battles are separated. They aren't in the campaign, only in the battle generator. It's name is FRONTLINES, as a mock to BF1's Operations. 

One of the first things I wanted to do when we started this project a year ago was to have real WW1 battles. And to be honest, an human opponent is more equal to the player's troops. You know, they are as soft as us.

Martians are toughter and our initial weapons are somewhat ineffective. Against humans no. A shot or two is enough to put down an enemy.

Do you mean The Great Martian War? Sure, that's one of my favorite mockumentary of all the time. If you pay attention to details, a few in-game screens have images of TGMW. Some references are from that movie, like the Martian Metal (and later, Dark Matter)

If you have a link for the full version, I'll be forever grateful, is been a long time since I saw it.

Ok I see, here's a link that I used to watch it, it's not very high quality but it works.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwio3pWV5pjkAhVC6aQKHdBeADgQFjAMegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Farchive.org%2Fdetails%2FTheGreatMartianWar19131917.Mister.X&usg=AOvVaw1HfLBBn9oKBR9XKT_HnoSE

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2019, 03:06:01 pm »
Ok I see, here's a link that I used to watch it, it's not very high quality but it works.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwio3pWV5pjkAhVC6aQKHdBeADgQFjAMegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Farchive.org%2Fdetails%2FTheGreatMartianWar19131917.Mister.X&usg=AOvVaw1HfLBBn9oKBR9XKT_HnoSE
Thanks a lot, Thunderwing280.

If there is any WW1 battle that you may like to see in the mod, let us know. ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2019, 07:01:12 am »
A new weapon joins the armory, this time is the semi-automatic rifle Selbstlader M1915 (based on the real life Mauser M1916, on the lore of the game, entered service a year earlier than in our timeline).

This rifle stands out for its precision at medium and long range, equipped with a Warner & Swasey Model 1913 Prismatic Musket Scope to increase the accuracy of the weapon.

However, it is terrible in closed combat, it should be avoided as much as possible to get close to the enemy. Its fire rate is just too slow. Pick your favorite melee weapon instead. ;)

This rifle will be available in the next published update and can be purchased along with the rest of the Tier 2 weapons via research.

It will also be used by the various NPCs in normal missions against Martian invaders and German enemies in Frontlines missions. :D

Also, some weaks to improve some weapons, like the Mondragón rifle and the BAR, both in sprites and stats. You can see the old version on the images, below the new sprites. Also, if your weapon has a bipod, if you knee down you have a great accuracy bonus (most LMGs have bipods, but also some automatic guns like the Ribeyrolles Automatic Carbine).

Special thanks to Kzer-Za, we are implementing his updated non-random wounds script with many weapons and ammo. The melee weapons use the script, also high powered ammo. The K Bullets used by the whole Tier 2 weapons have better wounding capacity than the basic ammo of the Tier 1.

Join us at our Discord, we publish some quick updates before the main Release is live on mod.io! ;D

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 06:56:11 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2019, 11:59:41 am »
Nice new sprites...  ;)

A new weapon joins the armory, this time is the semi-automatic rifle Selbstlader M1915 (based on the real life Mauser M1916, on the lore of the game, entered service a year earlier than in our timeline).
Ah !
New translations in preparation?  8)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2019, 01:05:51 am »
Nice new sprites...  ;)
Ah !
New translations in preparation?  8)

Thanks, mate!

Yeah!  8) I'm preparing a new translation file for you. But I want to rework all of the planned weapon War Codex entries (The new name of the UFOPedia) before send it to you, so you don't have to rewrite again and again everything. :D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2019, 07:02:15 pm »
A new update is ready now.

v.0.6.2 On Ne Passe Pas!

The new French update is here. Among several bugfixes, French soldiers are available for purchase, as well as their armament. Many issues from the preview posted on Discord a week ago, found by BlackStaff, SG_Barton and ? ? ?, were fixed. The full list of changes is on the changelog

The name of this update comes from the mythical order of General Robert Nivelle, "Ils ne passeront pas", 'They shall not pass' given to French soldiers defending the Fortified Zone of Verdun in 1916.

However, 'On ne passe pas' was used informally among the letters soldiers sent home, as a sign of courage and resistance.

In our alternate timeline, the Martians are besieging Verdun since Spring 1914 and a very important mission in the game campaign is to free Verdun from the claws of the invaders.

The new update is available to the public on the mod.io page available in the profile description, but we launched previews with previous content on our Discord server!

Special thanks to Luke83 for making and fixing all of the maps of the mod (and all of the maps of our projects), Hobbes for helping me solving some issues with the map generation of the three-stage Verdun mission and Warboy for helping me fixing issues related to Geoscape & BlackStaff for helping with historic references, the French translation and War Codex entries for the French weapons.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:14:38 am by efrenespartano »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE][WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v0.6.2 Mk II On Ne Passe Pas!
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2019, 02:03:34 pm »
Thank you very much !

Il n'y a donc pas de nouvelles traductions à faire ?  ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2019, 02:52:43 pm »

Thank you very much !

Il n'y a donc pas de nouvelles traductions à faire ?  ;)

Hahaha there is a lot of new translations, but I want to include the extraStrings for the next update too (including new warplanes), that's why I'm taking so long. I'll send the file as soon as I finish it. ;)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2019, 12:13:36 am »
Today is TGWotW Thursday!

For the past week we have been working on creating new terrains by mixing Trenches with other maps to give some variety. This time, Forest Trenches! In a collaborative work of me, Luke83 and with the help of Ohartenstein23 we were able to include new mapblocks via mapScripts. Let's remember that the No Man's Land mapblocks include a lower Dirt level that made it a little complex to mix with other mapsets.

Our intention is to modify some mapblocks of Trincheras to smooth their introduction in maps with grass, in the following days we will continue with this work.

Also, BlackStaff and I continue to improve the translations of the mod into French and Spanish to make it easier for French speakers and Spanish speakers to enjoy the mod.

Don't forget to join us at the Inventorum Development Team Server on Discord! We post updates there earlier and exclusive content!

Click here to go!

Offline MajorDerp16

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2019, 02:46:27 pm »
Hi, loving the mod so far, but iv encountered a bug that is crashing the game when a terror mission is triggered.
The error is the following "ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SPAWNING MISSION SITE: STR_ALIEN_TERROR"

I have attached the save game that it is happening on, in hopes it helps you resolve the issue.
Many Thanks

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2019, 03:48:02 pm »
Hi, MajorDerp16!

I'm glad you are enjoying our work. Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix it and release a patch on the next days.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE][WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v0.6.5 Mk II On Ne Passe Pas!
« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2019, 07:38:21 am »
A new update is ready now.

v.0.6.5 On Ne Passe Pas!

Actually, there have been some updates since the last post, but due to scheduling issues with real life, I couldn't post them in time. In this version and the closest one from 11 days ago, we have made several bug fixes and QoL changes, as well as two new weapons have arrived to the arsenal: the Signal Pistol, designed to light up dark areas in night missions and the Gas Grenade, to suffocate the Martian enemy. The maps announced some months ago are now in the mod too, Frontline Forest & Frontline Farm. A new organized map for the R-Class Airships is here too, with extra cover with the supply boxes.

On a day like today, 105 years ago, along the front line at WW1, German and British soldiers came out of their trenches in a ceasefire unprecedented in the Great War. Many exchanged souvenirs and personal items, others sang Christmas songs and some played football together. It would be the only Christmas truce, but not the only one. Throughout the war there were many more stories of soldiers fraternizing on the front.

Merry Christmas from the IDT!

Special thanks to our beta testers Tal'Raziid, Anon, MajorDerp16 & HelloMiko!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:41:44 am by efrenespartano »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2019, 12:08:28 pm »
Thank you very much !  :)
Merry Christmas !  ;)

misterx

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:28 am »
Briefly tried 6.5, it's kina a prequel to unexcom, but even hardr! Hey i did not manage to assign pilots to class A ship, thugh i have recruited 20 of them (!!!) don't know, but here are screenshots along a seved game  :D