aliens

Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v1.0 Mk. V Attrition  (Read 84639 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] The Great War of the Worlds
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 08:34:38 pm »
Hello:
New screenshots:

What... are those...?

Oh, my bad. Those are screenshots of the Martian Infantry. In order they are:

*Cerebreal
*Martian Line Infantry
*Triffid
*Martian Crusher

Their exact roles are yet to be specified, but the Line Infantry (basically the Mechtoid race) and the Cerebreal are going to be the most abundant enemy. The Triffids and Crushers are more like terror units.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2018, 11:20:36 am »
What... are those...?
They are your new Nemesis  :P   Looking good mate.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
[WIP] The Great War of the Worlds
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2019, 05:30:05 am »
After more than three weeks of being away from a PC (I spent almost all December in the family ranch), I was finally able to resume work on this project. ;D

On this occasion, the showcase of German weapons and infantry. The German Empire makes a considerable effort in the Great War of the Worlds with its professional and able soldiers, the best in the European continent.

On the left, there is the Stormtroopers armor on the right, the imperial uniform, with and without an gas mask.

Below, both weapons Tiers, the Tier I is unlocked from the beginning and the Tier II is achieved after further investigation of weapons. The Stosstruppen and their equipment will not be available from the beginning, they are obtained with an investigation of Trench War Tactics. They are the best that Germany has to offer.

They are your new Nemesis  :P   Looking good mate.

Thank you, pal!

We have planned to continue the development of the playable beta, now we are going to focus on finishing the weapons and items, then the armors and the new Tripod that Luke83 made for this project. Expect further updates. ;D

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:24:11 am by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2019, 06:34:33 pm »
With the help of SupSuper (who made the correct version of the Geo palette), Luke83, Meridian and ohartenstein23 (who answered my questions about this) we are one step forward to getting Red Weed on this project, just like the book.

Since Luke83 made an improved version of the Infested terrain, we are working to reemplace the old maps with his new mapsets with better quality. These will match the new Geoscape textures.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2019, 08:36:22 pm »
Good to see you got the globe textures working, its looks really good.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2019, 10:09:08 pm »
Good to see you got the globe textures working, its looks really good.

Yes! SupSuper made it, he was really fast.

Once I integrate your new Infested terrain, finish the Stoormtrooper/Medic reseach-transformation, the new weapon sounds and finish the recolor of the APC, I'll release the first beta version. :D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2019, 02:55:44 am »
Hello there!

We are on the countdown to the first playable beta! Our plan is to release Mk I in two-three weeks.

As suggested by Anon011, we have changed the color of our Conqueror APC from green to gray. Now it has the iconic white-red-white bands of the British tanks too.

Thanks to the efforts of Luke83, we present you our new Infested lands: wasteland and city.

The new maps now look really infested, giving the terrain an alien appearance.

In both maps you can see two types of Martian redoubts, which you must assault to win the war. These Martian fortresses are heavily guarded and their capture will be a challenge.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:06:33 am by efrenespartano »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2019, 11:28:25 am »
Terrain looks pretty good RED :)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2019, 02:30:35 pm »
Terrain looks pretty good RED :)

Red is the new black. ;D

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2019, 05:32:49 pm »
Your mod intrigues me.
I am curious and eager to be able to test it!  ;)
Congratulations for your work!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2019, 06:15:58 pm »
Your mod intrigues me.
I am curious and eager to be able to test it!  ;)
Congratulations for your work!

Thank you, BlackStaff!

You can try it soon. As always, feel free to ask/suggest new additions, weapons and content, we really appreciate it. ;D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
[WIP] The Great War of the Worlds
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2019, 09:35:58 am »
This time, the showcase of the American faction:

The US Army (the so-callled doughboys) is made with soldiers from all over North America, including what was left of the Mexican army after the Martians overrun their country. Since much of the US, Mexico and Canada is under Martian occupation, these soldiers are tough and brave, overcome all adversity to defend their homeland. While not all are career military, most have the experience of fighting against invaders since the beginning of the Great War of the Worlds.

Its initial armament composes a powerful and precise Springfield scoped rifle and an excellent Colt .45 pistol.

In Tier 2, an unstoppable Trench Gun, a powerful Browning Automatic Rifle and the Mexican weapon par excellence, the Mondragón rifle equipped with Martian Metal bayonet, able to slice through the Martian infantry armor as if it were made of butter

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:49:42 am by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2019, 12:21:29 am »
This time, the British Empire showcase!

The British army is highly professional, the vast majority of its officers and soldiers are career military. Composed of soldiers from all the nations of the empire: UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India. It is a small and compact army, grouped mainly in the British Expeditionary Force and ANZAC. Their weapons are of high firing rate and even higher precision, achieved in part by the skill of the soldiers who use them.

Its initial weapons are the powerful and short-range Webley Auto Revolver and the superb Short Magazine Lee-Enfield MkIII, reconfigured to be feeded by removable magazines. It's so fast, that a skilled rifleman could shoot it as fast as a machine gun.

In Tier 2, it has the new Farquhar-Hill Self Loading Rifle, with a high rate of fire and a lot of ammunition available, although poor accuracy. His squadron support weapon is the Huot Automatic Rifle, modified version of a Canadian rifle. This LMG is very light, cheap and easy to handle, it is highly appreciated by the Commonwealth troops. Both weapons uses drum magazines, for its reliability and the ability to carry more ammunition than curved or straight mags.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:34:22 am by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2019, 03:22:15 am »
Hi all!

I have been testing a new code written by ohartenstein23 and I have tried to adapt it to the needs of my project. Some have suggested the introduction of the Lewis gun, a truly iconic WW1 weapon. This can be deployed in missions, occupies the space of a HWP and can be mounted and dismounted using a special tool.
I also plan to use a piece of mobile artillery using Otto's code, although I still have to analyze its operation well.
It is a really effective weapon, although in my tests, the gunner is usually unprotected and many times was the first to die.

Since a melee hit is needed to activate the turret, I was thinking of adding a specialWeapon to all the armors, in order to activate the turrets/artillery.

In the images, we can see an ambush of British troops to Martian patrols using the turret, in Trenches and Infested Urban terrain. I still need to define the Lewis own and particular sound and change some parameters, but I trust it works well.

A special thanks to Otto Hartenstein for his great codes and scripts, The Great War of the Worlds is better thanks to his work.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:35:00 am by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2019, 08:30:26 pm »
Hello, everyone!

The development of the project is still in progress. After a few days of intense work and debugging, we have ready the weapons and items of the project. Here a lot of screenshots of the tests (made on my Android device). I have implemented the Finnik scripts in a Whistle, which increases the TUs and the bravery of the soldiers.

We are still working on balancing the weapons.

Another important part of the project are the new Luke83's Walkers, which will be in the next version. We will upload more information about these war machines soon. :)

The release has been delayed a bit, to correct some bugs and crashes. It will

On the screenshots you can see:
1.- A british soldier wielding a MP-18 Bergmann SMG, equiped with Bandages, Painkillers, Dynamite and two mags.

2.- The UI of the Medikit.

3.- The Whistle in action!

4.- A soldier using a Trench Mace and Trench Shovel rushing a Martian soldier.

5.- Medic patching a fellow soldier.

6.- The Whistle!

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:03:06 pm by efrenespartano »