Author Topic: Level difficulty - what do they do exactly  (Read 6670 times)

Offline Joe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Level difficulty - what do they do exactly
« on: October 08, 2018, 04:56:54 am »
Hey, great mod. Makes me want to watch the X-files series.

I was wondering, what do the difficulty level do in this mod? I heard it affects research and enemy stats.

I'm wondering on which level to play. I'm thinking, if I play on Veteran with Ironman, will this be hard enough? Or is superhuman just too hard?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Level difficulty - what do they do exactly
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:23:30 am »
Hey, great mod. Makes me want to watch the X-files series.

Thanks. :)

I was wondering, what do the difficulty level do in this mod? I heard it affects research and enemy stats.

Like with the vanilla, difficulty level affects enemy stats, the number of enemy units in battles and also certain alien missions (for example, when do alien retaliations start). Also, the lowest level halves enemy armour, so it should be considered more of a cheat/trainer than simply a difficulty level (since it ruins the entire balance).

I'm wondering on which level to play. I'm thinking, if I play on Veteran with Ironman, will this be hard enough? Or is superhuman just too hard?

When asked about this, I always say that Superhuman is for psychos. but of course many people play this.
I recommend playing on Veteran. If it is too hard or too easy, you can go one degree up or down (you can change the difficulty by editing your save, it's easy - just change difficulty: 2 to difficulty: 1 or difficulty: 3). The easiest and hardest are a bit extreme, so only play them if you want a non-typical campaign (either a trainer or tedious hell).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 02:33:05 pm »
It's also not recommended to use the ironman option, as this is a WIP mod and may contain campaign-ending bugs if you only have the one save file. Plus, being able to save whenever you want helps with debugging if you run into an issue. It's best to just play a self-enforced ironman with the in-game option off.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 04:01:28 pm »
Thanks Otto. Sorry, I totally forgot the Ironman question. But I completely agree.

Offline Joe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 02:01:30 am »
Thanks for the info