aliens

Author Topic: OXCE v7.12 for Android  (Read 134782 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v5.3 for Android
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2019, 04:26:54 pm »
I have upgraded lots of times before, is this expected for this latest update?

Yes, package name has been changed from org.libsdl.openxcom to org.openxcom.extended

I guess I can reinstall, but it would be nice to avoid the hassle with copying over UFO/TFTD folders and savegames.

Uninstall doesn't remove UFO/TFTD folders nor savegames... as far as I know.

Offline Aspa

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v5.3 for Android
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2019, 10:10:26 pm »
Uninstall and reinstall worked, UFO/TFTD folders and savegames remained  8)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v5.4 for Android
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2019, 04:38:40 pm »
OXCE 5.4 for Android is ready.

Download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2019, 09:46:02 pm »

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2019, 07:23:37 am »
I tried the 5.4 release and noticed that the monthly costs page still includes reports of 0 quantity crafts. The PC version does not have the same issue and behaves as expected. I tried both upgrading from 5.3.2 and uninstalling and installing 5.4 and the bug(?) is still there.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2019, 09:53:26 am »
I tried the 5.4 release and noticed that the monthly costs page still includes reports of 0 quantity crafts. The PC version does not have the same issue and behaves as expected. I tried both upgrading from 5.3.2 and uninstalling and installing 5.4 and the bug(?) is still there.

Which mod?
Screenshot?
Save?
Log?

PS: for me it works fine...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 09:55:28 am by Meridian »

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2019, 11:17:31 am »
Which mod?
Screenshot?
Save?
Log?

PS: for me it works fine...

Seems I misunderstood the changelog, or rather I didn't review the OXCE xcom1 files -- the Skyranger and Interceptor will always show up by default because they have the forceShowInMonthlyCosts attribute set to true. I was playing Reaver's megamod on PC and noticed that one of the mod crafts no longer showed up in the monthly costs page and attempted to reproduce it on Android by getting rid of my Interceptors.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v5.4.1 for Android
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2019, 02:54:05 pm »
Android version bug detected
The global map zoom with your fingers stopped working. What could be the problem? OXCE latest version if that.
This is a message from the Russian-language forum 4pda, I myself also checked several recent versions of OXCE for Android, including the one from 04/30/2019. Scaling the map with a pinch of two fingers does not work, only using the buttons in the right-bottom corner of the screen.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2019, 02:19:11 pm »
Android version bug detected

This is a message from the Russian-language forum 4pda, I myself also checked several recent versions of OXCE for Android, including the one from 04/30/2019. Scaling the map with a pinch of two fingers does not work, only using the buttons in the right-bottom corner of the screen.

Fixed.
New version available here: old link deleted
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:30:23 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2019, 05:20:37 pm »
Hey! I don't know if this is oxce android or what but, I can't get night vision to work with the buttons and auto night version turns off loading a save. So night time terror mission is just.. eugh. Also playing pirates, dunno if it's that or not. Just reporting it. Hehe

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2019, 05:24:06 pm »
I can't get night vision to work with the buttons and auto night version turns off loading a save

I don't understand this.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2019, 06:19:44 pm »
I don't understand this.

Well, my main thing is. Night vision seems to have borked for me. Didn't turn on automatically like it usually does for night fights. turns out the mission I was on didn't have it activated at all. And what I mean by the buttons thing. like trying to use the keyboard to open the research tree, usually q. It doesn't seem to work with activating night vision in the game. :P Kinda hard to see.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2019, 08:07:04 pm »
Fixed.
Thank you for your efforts!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2019, 04:11:29 pm »
Well, my main thing is. Night vision seems to have borked for me. Didn't turn on automatically like it usually does for night fights. turns out the mission I was on didn't have it activated at all. And what I mean by the buttons thing. like trying to use the keyboard to open the research tree, usually q. It doesn't seem to work with activating night vision in the game. :P Kinda hard to see.

In the next version (v5.4.2) there will be a small blue button on the screen to toggle night vision (and personal lights); Android version only.

PS: If anyone can draw a decent icon for both UFO and TFTD, I can include also such icons.
Icon dimensions can be between 12x12 and 32x24.
Something thematically similar to this would be preferred: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/SPICONS.DAT
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 04:16:02 pm by Meridian »

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »
In the next version (v5.4.2) there will be a small blue button on the screen to toggle night vision; Android only.

Will there be an option to hide the button? I personally don't like using night vision and I would just find that button annoying.