aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 446170 times)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #1065 on: May 14, 2022, 10:34:23 pm »
Sorry for asking it may be 2nd time, but I still don't understand 2 stage ship mission capture mechanics. Last time I got cargo ship and stunned 2 aquatoids. One of them I left on desk but 2nd brought to Triton and put there. I managed to clear 2nd stage but aquatoid who left in Triton game consider as dead. That's sux cause I need him for research. So questions - still annoying bug in OXCE or it designed by default? What should I do next time to prevent deaths of captured aliens on 1st stage? Should I leave them outside Triton? And how about cruise ship as well? In some mobs (like TWoTS) no ship there at all just escape tile area.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 14, 2022, 11:21:46 pm »
I would need a save file before the end of the mission to explain what happened.

Without it I can just say I am not aware of any bugs.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 15, 2022, 09:13:24 pm »
I noticed OXCE Nightly has a new version. Since few versions ago OXCE shows the TUs and Energy available on the battlescape unit path in green and orange font, respectively. But the new version shows them in white font, making a bit difficult to tell which one is which at a glance. Is this a setting that can be reversed somewhere? Or there's a better way to do this?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 15, 2022, 09:54:37 pm »
I noticed OXCE Nightly has a new version. Since few versions ago OXCE shows the TUs and Energy available on the battlescape unit path in green and orange font, respectively. But the new version shows them in white font, making a bit difficult to tell which one is which at a glance. Is this a setting that can be reversed somewhere? Or there's a better way to do this?

Upper one is TU, lower one is energy.

The previous colors were confusing (for me at least), inconsistent with OXC and also didn't work in TFTD.
I fixed the colors and also several combinations of settings, which didn't work either.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 15, 2022, 10:30:57 pm »
Upper one is TU, lower one is energy.

The previous colors were confusing (for me at least), inconsistent with OXC and also didn't work in TFTD.
I fixed the colors and also several combinations of settings, which didn't work either.

Can those colors be part of a user setting?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 15, 2022, 10:50:43 pm »
Can those colors be part of a user setting?

Why are you asking me questions you know the answer to?

Yes, everything can be done.

I don't think the option is needed and I am very picky adding new user options.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 30, 2022, 09:29:00 am »
Why airlock no longer dismantle? Sometimes I need rebuild base in another location but now it's impossible to do. Checked vanilla TFTD and TWoTS both.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 30, 2022, 11:23:32 am »
Why airlock no longer dismantle? Sometimes I need rebuild base in another location but now it's impossible to do. Checked vanilla TFTD and TWoTS both.

A bug.
Will be fixed with the next release.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 03, 2022, 07:19:47 pm »
I noticed with TWoTS that the equipment given to the drones is not saved across missions, like with aquanauts, so when you always want to give them the same equipment, you need to do it every time. I suppose this could be an OXCE issue, rather than the mod? Shouldn't the equipment be treated the same way irrespective of whether you are equipping a soldier or an equipment-carrying drone?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 03, 2022, 08:59:39 pm »
Is the drone a HWP-like unit?
If yes, it doesn't really "exist" on geoscape like soldiers... and nothing can be saved on it.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 03, 2022, 11:14:37 pm »
Is the drone a HWP-like unit?
If yes, it doesn't really "exist" on geoscape like soldiers... and nothing can be saved on it.

It's a 1x1 unit. So maybe yes. In some respects, it's different from traditional 2x2 HWPs. But I suppose the result is the same.

The differences are for example that some but not all 1x1 drones can examine and pick up items or bodies. So that feature is distinct from the size.

I wonder why a 2x2 HWP can't identify a body (whether it's alive or not, for example) while 1x1 can. I wonder if this has something to do with the precise location of 2x2 being undefined or something else.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 04, 2022, 07:14:11 am »
I wonder why a 2x2 HWP can't identify a body (whether it's alive or not, for example) while 1x1 can. I wonder if this has something to do with the precise location of 2x2 being undefined or something else.

It may very well. The default is editable. Yes, and Reapers have always been considered alive.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 05, 2022, 09:20:48 am »
Segfault on what I'm pretty sure is a collision with an not-yet-visible enemy. X-Com Files 2.5 with some tweaks, OXCE 7.5.3.

Edit: Needs the agent to be running and not looking where they go, of course.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 09:41:17 am by Juku121 »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 06, 2022, 12:08:00 pm »
Segfault on what I'm pretty sure is a collision with an not-yet-visible enemy. X-Com Files 2.5 with some tweaks, OXCE 7.5.3.

Edit: Needs the agent to be running and not looking where they go, of course.

Something wrong with pathfinding, goes into negative Z coordinates (36,52,-1).

Doesn't happen in OXCE 7.5.5 or higher.

@Yankes: do you want to check it on 7.5.3? or just let it go?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 06, 2022, 12:24:11 pm »
If I have some free time I will check it, some refactors could move this bug around (aka is still present but different condition is needed)