Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 445763 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #795 on: May 07, 2021, 06:40:54 pm »
Facilities can be built over existing facilities (buildOverFacilities). Is it possible to reduce cost of the new facility (or refund cost of the old facility) to simulate "upgrading" facilities (i.e. upgrading from level 1 to level 2 costs less than building a new level 2 facility)? It is possible to refund money using refundValue, but this applies for dismantling in general, not only for building over an existing facility.

It's only possible via refundValue.

How exactly is weapon position on units defined in regards to shot trajectory?

It's usually 3 or 4 voxels below the unit's current height.
For humanoids this corresponds to "shoulder level".

Exact formula: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/blob/oxce-plus/src/Battlescape/TileEngine.cpp#L5006

Are terrain slopes accurately represented on the battlescape?

Depends on the modder.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 07, 2021, 07:44:03 pm »
It's only possible via refundValue.
:'(

It's usually 3 or 4 voxels below the unit's current height.
For humanoids this corresponds to "shoulder level".

Exact formula: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/blob/oxce-plus/src/Battlescape/TileEngine.cpp#L500
Thanks, that's higher than I would have expected. Are individual/custom unit heights represented in 3D-view or is the same cylinder usaed for all (small) units?

Depends on the modder.
Let me rephrase that: Are terrain slopes of vanilla terrain tiles accurately represented by their LOFTs?

Addendum:
Is there a known issue with (limited) alien storage and the recovery-phase transfer screen? I have just now run into a situation where I am forced to discard units, but they have gotten mixed up with aliens being studied at another base (originating base has no containment, other base does).  I am unable to exit the screen as I have ended up with negative alien storage, studied specimens can not be discarded and I have no other free storage I can transfer that alien to:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:03:55 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 07, 2021, 08:10:26 pm »
Thanks, that's higher than I would have expected. Are individual/custom unit heights represented in 3D-view or is the same cylinder used for all (small) units?

unit height is considered

Let me rephrase that: Are terrain slopes of vanilla terrain tiles accurately represented by their LOFTs?

No other way to find out than to check them all manually.

Addendum:
Is there a known issue with (limited) alien storage and the recovery-phase transfer screen?

no

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 07, 2021, 08:23:54 pm »
no
I have just had a look at my recent saves, and I somehow managed to recover live aliens to a base that does not actually have that specific prison type. Are there any known issue concerning live recovery where such recovery should not be possible?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 07, 2021, 08:39:05 pm »
I have just had a look at my recent saves, and I somehow managed to recover live aliens to a base that does not actually have that specific prison type. Are there any known issue concerning live recovery where such recovery should not be possible?

no

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 07, 2021, 08:53:29 pm »
no
I'll see if I can manage to reproduce it and/or if it turns up again.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 09, 2021, 04:22:17 am »
Hi.
Small question:
damage "toMana:" applies when damage >0 and deals % of it.
But how can i do flat (let's say 5) mana damage?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 09, 2021, 11:22:23 am »
Not available via ruleset.
But likely doable via scripts.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 09, 2021, 02:51:00 pm »
Ok, got it. Thanks.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 09, 2021, 04:39:13 pm »
Question:

Is it possible to tie mission site spawns to an active infiltration state (i.e. spawn a mission site provided a country has been infiltrated&an associated alien base exist)? Sorry if this is badly worded.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 09, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »
Likely not the way you're thinking, but you can make infiltrations use an alien base deployment that generates the missions you want separate from any other type of alien base.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 09, 2021, 05:59:44 pm »
Likely not the way you're thinking, but you can make infiltrations use an alien base deployment that generates the missions you want separate from any other type of alien base.
Unless I am misunderstanding the ruleset reference genMission can not generate mission sites, only UFOs:

Which alien mission should this base generate?

Usually supply mission - can be used to generate any mission type except Mission Sites (UFO will be generated, but the site will never appear)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 09, 2021, 06:07:31 pm »
We generate terror missions all the time from bases in 40k. That is an old restriction, since lifted.

You could also use the operationType attributes on the alienMission to make it scripted but still require a certain type of base.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 09, 2021, 06:13:10 pm »
We generate terror missions all the time from bases in 40k. That is an old restriction, since lifted.

You could also use the operationType attributes on the alienMission to make it scripted but still require a certain type of base.
Thanks for the heads up. Are (or rather can) missions generated from an alien base be limited to the region of the base?

How would I reference "a certain type of alien base" in operation Type (apart from a new or existing alien base, unless that is what you are referring to)? Would it be possible to tie this only to alien bases causing an infiltration?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:15:50 pm by krautbernd »

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 18, 2021, 09:05:22 pm »
Don't want to start a new thread for this, but I have a quick question.

It looks like the Android port of OXCE uses SDL_Mixer2 - any chance of that change being back-ported to the pc version (And ideally backported all the way to vanilla OpenXCom)? SDL_Mixer2 should support the LOOPSTART and LOOPEND .ogg metadata tags, which will allow me to make better MT-32 music packs.