aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 445812 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #540 on: May 26, 2020, 05:46:16 pm »
Is anyway lock difficulty of mod using rule set files? Like example, when player start the game he has no option but one difficulty only and Ironman set on and can not be changed (buttons grey out).

You can change difficulty coefficients so that all difficulties are the same... like for example in the 40k mod.

Ironman cannot be fixed.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:04 pm »
Promotion question. I've set "only soldiers who were on battlefield promotion" on, but often when I land and just abort the mission people get promoted which unfair. Is any way prevent this or may be in future release OXCE engine will promoted people who only get experience? This last one is my suggestion of course if its possible to make.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 26, 2020, 08:35:27 pm »
yeah, we could rename it from "only soldiers who were on battlefield promotion" to "only soldiers who were on battlefield and got some experience promotion"

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 28, 2020, 11:44:04 am »
New OXCE v6.5.3 is up.

2020-05-28
QoL:
- Field Promotions user option update (soldiers now need to gain experience during the mission to be eligible for promotion)

Scripting:
- Allowed scripts to turn off unit status indicators

Bugfixes:
- Fixed draw order of units on stairs (was broken in 6.5.1)
- Fixed splitting Unicode strings (e.g. russian soldier names)

Download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 01, 2020, 01:45:02 pm »
- Option to choose preferred hand for reactions (right-click on the hand in the battlescape HUD); indicator is moddable via sprite called "reactionIndicator" (same size as bigobs)

Just noticed this. I LOVE IT! Million thanks for the continued OXCE goodies.

Offline gaffer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 06, 2020, 01:12:14 am »
grateful for the continued efforts.  It's like opening  presents on a regular basis.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 06, 2020, 06:38:56 pm »
grateful for the continued efforts.  It's like opening  presents on a regular basis.
Oh, I found it but I thought what this yellow dot is disable you weapon. I read wiki what says what game prefer right hand for reaction. Glad what this feature exists now.

Gentlemen, apologies for asking this again,  but this "accuracy" number what shows when you aiming with soldier (aquanaut) totally confuse me now. On sniper rifles it could be more than 100% which literally illogical, but even with this, for example 120%, my aquanauts missing what makes me angry. How exactly aiming working and what this numbers represents? Dose OXCE calculate this number and firing accuracy in soldiers (aquanauts) stats and make real % chance of hit which hidden? If I'm right, I have request make new option for future OXCE releases what will show real fully calculated number same for shooting and throwing. That will be great, it it's possible due to game engine and limitations.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 06, 2020, 07:20:58 pm »
it's just 120, not 120%... forget the %

openxcom doesn't calculate any chance to hit for ranged weapon, that concept doesn't exist

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Accuracy_formula#Use_of_Accuracy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:22:38 pm by Meridian »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 06, 2020, 10:55:43 pm »
I just had a civilian steal an alien artifact during a mission - said artifact wasn't recovered during debriefing. Would it be possible to recover weapons picked up by civilans at the end of a mission?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #549 on: June 06, 2020, 10:56:22 pm »
I just had a civilian steal an alien artifact during a mission - said artifact wasn't recovered during debriefing. Would it be possible to recover weapons picked up by civilans at the end of a mission?

You're the police, stop them :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 06, 2020, 11:04:44 pm »

they already nicely return xcom stuff
they don't return alien stuff... they can steal it just as you can... implemented according to requirements

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2020, 11:29:33 pm »
they already nicely return xcom stuff
they don't return alien stuff... they can steal it just as you can... implemented according to requirements

I've just discussed it with Dioxine. The conclusions were as follows:
- In XCF, it's fine as it is. Alien tech gets stolen, pops out somewhere later - the usual. The drawback is that it incentivizes stunning civilians, which is cringy, but I can live with it.
- In Piratez, all civilians (or most) will be recovered as some items (basically "thank you for saving me" letter or something like that), and therefore you will get their stuff. The drawback is that you'll get all civilians' weapons, but these are usually very simple and inexpensive, so whatever.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 06, 2020, 11:47:18 pm »
- In Piratez, all civilians (or most) will be recovered as some items (basically "thank you for saving me" letter or something like that), and therefore you will get their stuff. The drawback is that you'll get all civilians' weapons, but these are usually very simple and inexpensive, so whatever.

civilians don't pick up items in piratez

and I didn't understand that part with "getting their stuff"... how are you gonna get that without killing/stunning them?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2020, 02:11:32 am »
civilians don't pick up items in piratez

But they will (assuming I understood Dio correctly).

and I didn't understand that part with "getting their stuff"... how are you gonna get that without killing/stunning them?

Civilians are spawned with items and if they get recovered, they will also bring their weapons.
(This is based on what Dio said, I haven't studied this and may well be wrong.)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 08, 2020, 09:24:11 pm »
Yesterday on OXCE nightly was push change that make checking items linked to units and armors (e.g. corpses). If there is invalid items game will throw error on load.
As side effect, armors that had storage item `STR_NONE` can now remove it as it by definition not exists at all, and game work fine if you do not define any thing for storage item (but if you use incorrect item then game will not load it).