Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 446023 times)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #195 on: May 27, 2019, 08:47:08 pm »
Got it. Sir! It seems my weapons or missing or not produce fatal wounds.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2019, 08:57:40 pm »
Got it. Sir! It seems my weapons or missing or not produce fatal wounds.

Hallucinoids are immune to fatal wounds as far as I know.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2019, 08:26:51 am »
Could you make a tweak to the ToItem attribute on damageAlter? Currently, it goes through items one at a time, damaging it until it destroys that item. I can't see a good way to use this functionality. It randomly destroys an almost-fixed number of items, regardless of how many items are on the unit(s) hit by the attack.

I propose that ToItem causes all items held by the attacked unit(s) to be hit the same as if they were on the ground. This means, for example, that a ToItem value of 1.0 on an explosive would destroy items held by units just as though they were laying on the ground.

If the current functionality of ToItem is worth maintaining, then I propose a new value: ToAllItems

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2019, 09:32:31 pm »
How to block ability enter aliens to the ship? My people wiped out due to reaction fire. I know what I can nullify  time units, but at Vanilla they can't enter it. Any scripts or options to disable it?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2019, 10:41:06 pm »
Could you make a tweak to the ToItem attribute on damageAlter? Currently, it goes through items one at a time, damaging it until it destroys that item. I can't see a good way to use this functionality. It randomly destroys an almost-fixed number of items, regardless of how many items are on the unit(s) hit by the attack.

I propose that ToItem causes all items held by the attacked unit(s) to be hit the same as if they were on the ground. This means, for example, that a ToItem value of 1.0 on an explosive would destroy items held by units just as though they were laying on the ground.

If the current functionality of ToItem is worth maintaining, then I propose a new value: ToAllItems
First changing this will affect vanilla behavior, you need have good reason to do this.
Second, same logic is used to items in inventory as items on ground, only difference is that items and unit in inventory get damage from overkill of target unit.
Third, current behavior of item damage is bad, its do only one check for item armor value and if damage is bigger then item is destroyed.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2019, 07:34:58 pm »
I already gave two solutions. Just limit bravery in the damage multiplier to 100 or 110. It's 100% vanilla compatible as vanilla does not allow bravery over 100 anyway.
It's a simple overflow bug where modding has enabled a variable to have higher values than vanilla intended. Same as if you mod in a weapon dealing 1000 damage and it suddenly heals and not kills.

Feature removed.

So morale damage is no longer inversed when above BRA 110? Not a big thing, but, EDDIE, why? Why did you do that to me? Why do you hate me? (We both know that only Piratez use >110 BRA) I just only learned about it now.

Feature added back in.
As far as I know Piratez is the only mod using bravery > 110 and Dioxine explicitly asked (yesterday) for this feature to be returned to the way it was before.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2019, 04:20:25 am »
Assigned for Martial training aquanauts lose it if Triton was destroyed and they had arrived back to the base.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2019, 06:37:19 am »
Assigned for Martial training aquanauts lose it if Triton was destroyed and they had arrived back to the base.

Yes.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2019, 06:41:17 pm »
I encountered odd behaviour with The X-COM Files mod. When all non-stunned enemies want to surrender, but some who don't are on the verge of waking up, my turn ends automatically, but the mission doesn't end and enemies get their turn. The savegame and full description are here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5047.msg113748.html#msg113748
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5047.msg113759.html#msg113759

Engine bug?

Latest release of the mod (0.9.9c), engine from Extended-5.5-537067a0c-2019-05-30-bionic-x86_64.7z. For some reason Extended-5.5.1-723854c2a-2019-06-12-bionic-x86_64.7z refuses to work, gives errors like
"Error for 'STR_MAGMA_CHAINSAWBOT_WEAPON': offset '-3' have incorrect value in set 'BIGOBS.PCK' "
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:47:41 pm by tkzv »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2019, 10:43:26 pm »
I encountered odd behaviour with The X-COM Files mod. When all non-stunned enemies want to surrender, but some who don't are on the verge of waking up, my turn ends automatically, but the mission doesn't end and enemies get their turn. The savegame and full description are here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5047.msg113748.html#msg113748
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5047.msg113759.html#msg113759

Engine bug?

More an incompatibility of user option than a bug... but yeah it's an oxce issue, not xcf issue.

Latest release of the mod (0.9.9c), engine from Extended-5.5-537067a0c-2019-05-30-bionic-x86_64.7z. For some reason Extended-5.5.1-723854c2a-2019-06-12-bionic-x86_64.7z refuses to work, gives errors like
"Error for 'STR_MAGMA_CHAINSAWBOT_WEAPON': offset '-3' have incorrect value in set 'BIGOBS.PCK' "

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3287.msg113764.html#msg113764

Offline Varana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:25 am »
In the "monthly cost" page at "flying sub rental" and "salaries" complete lists of all types that might or might not become usable in this game are shown.

Is there a trick or option, to only show up discovered (buyable/producable/usable/discovered or something like that) types?

(I would like to split the game using "arcScripts" and "randomArcs" into different arcs, where the types of the not active other arcs will never be seen. So it would be useless to see tons of variations of a ship if only one will be  usable ever.)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2019, 11:59:38 am »
In the "monthly cost" page at "flying sub rental" and "salaries" complete lists of all types that might or might not become usable in this game are shown.

Since OXCE 5.4 it is not: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6586.msg112262.html#msg112262

Is there a trick or option, to only show up discovered (buyable/producable/usable/discovered or something like that) types?

- Skip zero-quantity craft/soldier types in Monthly Costs breakdown: see 'forceShowInMonthlyCosts' attribute in NRR

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2019, 03:47:45 pm »
Asking it's here, because I think it's more engine based than mod scripts. Question about damage and ranks - I've found what new soldiers (aquanauts) often not killing enemy in one shot what usually dies of it if someone more experienced shoot them. Same for throwing grenades. So question - why it happens and what determine damage - current stats of soldier (aquanaut) or her/his rank? Thanks for patience and apologizes if that question has been already answered.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2019, 04:08:11 pm »
Asking it's here, because I think it's more engine based than mod scripts. Question about damage and ranks - I've found what new soldiers (aquanauts) often not killing enemy in one shot what usually dies of it if someone more experienced shoot them. Same for throwing grenades. So question - why it happens and what determine damage - current stats of soldier (aquanaut) or her/his rank? Thanks for patience and apologizes if that question has been already answered.

Both current stats and rank can determine damage.

But as far as I know the only mod using rank to determine damage is Piratez (and only for a very few weapons)... everything else uses only soldier stats.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2019, 06:38:35 pm »
Question about damage and ranks - I've found what new soldiers (aquanauts) often not killing enemy in one shot what usually dies of it if someone more experienced shoot them. Same for throwing grenades.

It's a variety of subtle factors you may not be noticing, plus some apophenia. Maybe your less experienced soldiers are up toward the front and more likely to get the first shot. Maybe your more experienced soldiers carry better weapons. Maybe aliens are less likely to survive a hit gradually as the game progresses--your soldiers become more experienced but also get better weapons. Maybe you get better at using the same weapons, because you the player are more experienced and know what kills them. As for grenades and other explosives, it's probably the same, but hitting a square closer to the target counts for more damage (usually 10 more).

I've actually experienced the converse: as I research better armors, my rookies seem to become more powerful in combat. It's probably just that they can hold the line better, and it's definitely not them doing more damage.