aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 441078 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom Extended (OXCE) main thread
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2019, 01:48:43 pm »
Is there any reason the the sorting option "First Letter" isn't fully alphabetical?  I mean, it's REALLY close, but not quite. 

"I have approximate knowledge of many things"

It's fully alphabetical since today.

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2019, 03:56:10 am »
Noticed that opening doors seems to require energy in OXCE (even though none is consumed) whereas it doesn't in OXC. Also, when you attempt to open a door but don't have enough energy, the "Not Enough Time Units" message is displayed.

This is with v5.3.2 / 2019-03-18
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:59:02 am by Yeoman »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2019, 09:54:21 am »
Yes, it's a known issue.

I'll look at it again soon.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2019, 03:46:27 pm »
What did you do with the sound in the latest version? After the upgrade has changed the sound of death of Sectoids and shock plasma. I didn't do anything myself. I really do not like these changes and please return the sound settings to their original state.

P.S. In general, I found the original sounds in the "wav" format and the situation ceased to seem the End of the World.

P.P.S. Apparently the problem is reading."cat" file.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:41:58 pm by Ethereal »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2019, 04:49:14 pm »
What did you do with the sound in the latest version? After the upgrade has changed the sound of death of Sectoids and shock plasma. I didn't do anything myself. I really do not like these changes and please return the sound settings to their original state.

P.S. In general, I found the original sounds in the "wav" format and the situation ceased to seem the End of the World.

P.P.S. Apparently the problem is reading."cat" file.

Can you share the CAT file that is causing the problem?
(or the entire content of your SOUND directory and your options.cfg file)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2019, 06:36:21 pm »
Can you share the CAT file that is causing the problem?
(or the entire content of your SOUND directory and your options.cfg file)

Yes I can. And ".log" in the appendage. Strangely, a lot of things have been written in ".log", but everything works exactly as intended. And about the sound is nothing.

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2019, 10:11:24 pm »
Hi, i have openxcom version on pc and openxcom extender android on tablet, could i play between platforms without problems? Or will i change openxcom on pc to openxcom extender?

Thanks in advance

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2019, 12:23:56 am »
Hi, i have openxcom version on pc and openxcom extender android on tablet, could i play between platforms without problems? Or will i change openxcom on pc to openxcom extender?

Thanks in advance

You can transfer your saves from openxcom to openxcom extended without problems. From PC to Android.
But if you transfer saves from openxcom extended to openxcom (from Android to PC) you will lose some information.

I would recommend updating your PC to openxcom extended too... but the decision is yours.

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2019, 10:41:39 am »
You can transfer your saves from openxcom to openxcom extended without problems. From PC to Android.
But if you transfer saves from openxcom extended to openxcom (from Android to PC) you will lose some information.

I would recommend updating your PC to openxcom extended too... but the decision is yours.

Thanks a lot, I'll do that.

Another question,  if I install oxce I will have to patch games manually or is like openxcom?

Thanks in  advance
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:45:36 am by Lecitron »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2019, 10:50:37 am »
Thanks a lot, I'll do that.
Another question,  if I install oxce I will have to patch games manually or is like openxcom?
Thanks in  advance

It's the same like downloading openxcom nightly as zip.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2019, 01:07:47 pm »
Meridian, do I have to dig at myself in order to identify the problem of sounds, or will there be a bug fix in the next version of OXCE?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2019, 01:51:05 pm »
Meridian, do I have to dig at myself in order to identify the problem of sounds, or will there be a bug fix in the next version of OXCE?

I have not had a chance to look at it yet... I will try it today or tomorrow.

But if you can help, that would be nice.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2019, 04:11:35 pm »
I am not a programmer. But apparently there is an offset when playing a sound in the file "cat", in the folder "\ openxcom \ UFO \ sound". If you take the files "cat" from here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2727.msg28562.html#msg28562 , then the sound will be strange, although this is the way out. But there the file size is smaller than from my version of the UFO, and some sounds may not suffice (did not check completely).
It is possible, as an option, to integrate this mod https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2044.msg19770.html#msg19770 into OXCE and forget about this problem.

Offline Lecitron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:36 pm »
It's the same like downloading openxcom nightly as zip.

Ok, i will patch ufo an tftd then.

Thanks!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:41 pm »
I am not a programmer. But apparently there is an offset when playing a sound in the file "cat", in the folder "\ openxcom \ UFO \ sound". If you take the files "cat" from here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2727.msg28562.html#msg28562 , then the sound will be strange, although this is the way out. But there the file size is smaller than from my version of the UFO, and some sounds may not suffice (did not check completely).
It is possible, as an option, to integrate this mod https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2044.msg19770.html#msg19770 into OXCE and forget about this problem.

I have reproduced the issue using your files, but I don't know how to fix it.
I have informed Stoddard (who was doing the recent changes), and waiting for his feedback.