Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 445784 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #1230 on: December 28, 2022, 11:35:10 am »
That one also crashes for me as soon as I enter battle-scape. Same as my self-compiled merged version. It doesn't for anyone else?

Yes, it crashes during power source explosion for me too.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 28, 2022, 12:40:48 pm »
Should be fixed in 7.8.6

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1232 on: December 28, 2022, 06:01:34 pm »
A couple of 'bugs' or rather something more mild - loose ties/exploits/inconveniences.

1. Apoc equipment system.
When you equip people from base's Soldiers screen, IF a soldier is onboard craft, the game fails to move the equipment you have just given to that soldier onboard craft, therefore your changes are not put in effect. Therefore you're forced to take all the crew off the ships, which is a lot of extra clicking...

2. Craft equipment giving +HP/-HP
Currently there is a rather ugly exploit. First off, when +HP equipment is installed, the craft needs to repair up to new max HP. This is not a huge problem BUT: when it repairs fully, and you remove the system, ship's HP stays at new level (>100%). -HP systems surely have related issues...
My proposition of an easy to understand and I think foolproof solution: when equipping or unequipping +HP/-HP system, ship's HP percentage is unchanged, and the actual number of HP is recalculated. This avoids the mentioned issue, also avoids having the ship reach 0 HP due to unequipping +HP item or equipping -HP item.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 29, 2022, 12:14:33 am »
I reading code and Craft behavior looks different.
First of all, game do not store HP of craft but damage what was dealt to it, usually this should not matter (and be equivalent to typical hp) but in this case is critical.
Second, damage can't be negative, this mean you can't have more hp than current max.
Third, only expected "exploit" with removing armor should be that you could skip repair,part that is removed is consider as one that take all damage.
If you have craft that have base 100hp and give armor that grain 100hp and then during combat ufo dealt 97 damage then when you remove armor craft should be in pristine state and do not require repair (image metal plates full of holes are bolted on top of existing undamaged armor).

I could miss read code but it should behave how I describe there (but I do not consider negative hp parts, but this not allow lot of exploits as is invested order as positive armor) as this was my goal when I implemented handling of bonus craft hp.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 05, 2023, 10:17:43 am »
A couple of 'bugs' or rather something more mild - loose ties/exploits/inconveniences.

1. Apoc equipment system.
When you equip people from base's Soldiers screen, IF a soldier is onboard craft, the game fails to move the equipment you have just given to that soldier onboard craft, therefore your changes are not put in effect. Therefore you're forced to take all the crew off the ships, which is a lot of extra clicking...

split into a separate thread: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10984.0.html

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 20, 2023, 09:05:51 pm »
Hi all, Hi Meridian,

I'm currently having a look at OXCE, what an amazing job !!!

I'm trying to convert my own mod from OXC to OXCE, I think it will take me some time  :D

I just wanted to congrat and thank you (same for other who participate). I began to read the changelog since 2015, OMG ::)

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 27, 2023, 12:20:16 pm »
When some soldiers are fatally wounded, there is a prompt "do you really want to end mission now?". I think similar prompt should be shown when there are primed grenades (with prime time 0) on the map. Oh, come on, it is not autoshots that are broken...

I agree with your idea on grenades, but disagree with autoshots not being broken. Automatically ending the mission when all the aliens are defeated is supposed to be a quality of life improvement, not a cheat. The original game only ended missions on the switch between XCOM/alien/civilian turns to save on processing power - modern machines can chew a check like that up with every action easily. Stopping autoshots from blowing up loot or potentially wasting another ammo item is a bit of a cheat. (Especially considering how overpowered autoshots already are in vanilla UFO...)

The grenades exploding on you however turns that QoL feature into a cheat for the enemy - especially in the Brutal AI mod where the AI often has them pre-primed if you allow it to do so. If I stun that last Sectoid Leader and he has a grenade ready to go off, I should be warned that this is the case and given a chance to pick it up off of him - or bemoan my overextension with the stun rod/inability to reach him in time. OXCE already does this if there are opportunities to heal wounded soldiers to reduce infirmary times, so why not with something like this that's actually potentially far more impactful?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:23:07 pm by N7Kopper »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 30, 2023, 10:02:35 am »
The Ruleset Reference Nightly (https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_(OpenXcom)) is really useful, highlighting all new settings implemented in OXCE

Great job, as for the rest !

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 05, 2023, 10:12:35 am »
If a base facility provides both research and prison facilities, is there some way to check the prisoners and kill them (you can of course sell them from the stores, but in this case I'd specifically want to get the corpse of a prisoner)?

Right-clicking on the facility brings up the research screen, so this approach applicable to single-function prisons/containment does not work.

If there is no way to do this, I suppose this is just bad mod design (in this instance, the new feature of "HQ" in TWoTS 2.56) and not something that should be added as a feature in OXCE?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 05, 2023, 02:06:35 pm »
you can change what right click does per facility type, see attached

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 06, 2023, 10:11:45 pm »
@Meridian:

I found a bug.

By iterating directly over craft->getItems() instead of a copy and then calling craft->getItems()->removeItem, you remove the very element that you then try to put into the missing-items.

The result is that the name of the item then is missing from the missing-items list.

Putting back the map and then iterating over it fixes the issue.

Please make sure you haven't done similar things in your iterator cleanup-commit.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 06, 2023, 10:53:05 pm »
thanks, I'll take care of it

Offline Flaubert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 15, 2023, 11:59:52 pm »
If a base facility provides both research and prison facilities, is there some way to check the prisoners and kill them (you can of course sell them from the stores, but in this case I'd specifically want to get the corpse of a prisoner)?

Right-clicking on the facility brings up the research screen, so this approach applicable to single-function prisons/containment does not work.

If there is no way to do this, I suppose this is just bad mod design (in this instance, the new feature of "HQ" in TWoTS 2.56) and not something that should be added as a feature in OXCE?
I think that feature is already implemented in OXCE. You must activate advanced options for "sell live aliens" and "retain alien corpses". Then, when you right click in alien containment you'll have 3 options: sell, kill, cancel, when you select one or more aliens with the arrows.

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 Lite mediante Tapatalk

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 16, 2023, 03:41:58 am »
I noticed, that psi vision ignores `visibilityUnit` YS hook because of https://github.com/723Studio/OpenXcom_FTA/blob/30f88ef6497ac47a88e45135188c1e5ac8ff7cd4/src/Battlescape/TileEngine.cpp#L1294

Was that intended?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 16, 2023, 11:24:17 am »
I noticed, that psi vision ignores `visibilityUnit` YS hook because of https://github.com/723Studio/OpenXcom_FTA/blob/30f88ef6497ac47a88e45135188c1e5ac8ff7cd4/src/Battlescape/TileEngine.cpp#L1294

Was that intended?

Uhm, yes, psiVision ignores not only YS hook, but also everything else.

Once you "sense" a unit (using the "6th sense" = psi), you don't need to see it anymore, you know about it also without seeing it.