aliens

Author Topic: Strange... suddenly can`t revive stunned aliens anymore... :-( (already SOLVED!)  (Read 4663 times)

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Hi folks,

hopefully someone is able to "enlighten" me concerning a stange problem now first encountered. During my current mission I suddenly found out, that I can`t revive stunned aliens anymore! In previous missions I moved one of my soldiers (holding a med-kit in one hand) directly over the stunned alien on the ground and gave stimulants until it became "alive" again. Now, in my current mission, it doesn`t work anymore at all!  :'( If I try to use stimulants on a stunned alien "under" my soldier I constantly get the message in red "Nobody is there!" (thats only a rough translation of the shown message, as I play the German version, but I think that you know what I mean...)

Just in case, that you are wondering, why I want to revive a stunned alien at all: Since I came across openXcom recently for the first time, I also use some of the offered mods. In doing so, I found a real mean and devious way of improving the stats of the soldiers quite quickly by using the mod "Airsoft Pistol". It does 0 (zero) damage and therefore I can shoot a whole ammo clip (22 shots) with all of my soldiers at the unarmed alien without killing it and gain up to 6 points (!) increase both at reaction and firing accuracy per mission on each and every soldier! As stated before: I know, it`s very mean and "dirty", but also very effective....!  8)

Any idea, what could be the reason for this sudden strange behavior of the game??? BTW: I also use recently (among some other - but small - mods) the TerrainPack 4.1 and YetMoreUFOs (for different floor-plans of the alien crafts) and a mod with an additional scout drone.

Kind regards
Thunder
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:35:37 am by ThunderFromAbove »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Strange... suddenly can`t revive stunned aliens anymore... :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 05:51:10 pm »
Attach a save where we can see this... and analyze it.

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 06:40:43 pm »
Hi,
thanks for your quick reply! Here is the save and a screenshot. I hope, that it works to uplode it (as I`m not very proficient in computers...)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 10:29:42 pm »
In doing so, I found a real mean and devious way of improving the stats of the soldiers quite quickly by using the mod "Airsoft Pistol". It does 0 (zero) damage and therefore I can shoot a whole ammo clip (22 shots) with all of my soldiers at the unarmed alien without killing it and gain up to 6 points (!) increase both at reaction and firing accuracy per mission on each and every soldier! As stated before: I know, it`s very mean and "dirty", but also very effective....!  8)

You don't need mods for this: when facing Mutons equip all your soldiers with Laser Pistols - the pistols can't harm the mutons and they don' require clips

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 11:38:12 pm »
Hi,
thanks for your quick reply! Here is the save and a screenshot. I hope, that it works to uplode it (as I`m not very proficient in computers...)

1/ Medikits work fine for me... I can't reproduce your issue :( I have used only terrain pack 4.1 and yet more ufos 0.6 mods... and xcom nightly 2018-09-08

2/ As for why you cannot revive the alien, that's easy... he has too much stun.

- the alien below salma hayek has 35 hp and 48 stun... so 4 stims (each heals 4 stun) can revive him
- the alien below scarlett johansson has 35 hp and 117 stun... so even entire medikit (40 stun heal together) cannot revive him... you would need 2 full medikits and one more shot from third medikit to revive him
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:40:33 pm by Meridian »

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 11:54:02 pm »
You don't need mods for this: when facing Mutons equip all your soldiers with Laser Pistols - the pistols can't harm the mutons and they don' require clips

Sorry, but this is not quite to the point. I have no problems with limited ammo of the softair pistol. One mag with 22 shots is enough for 2 x 11 for training both reaction and firing accuracy. And more than 11 "actions" either way doesn´t give any more potential increase of the stats (if I understand the article about experience in the UFOpedia correctly).  But even if I heed your advice and use laser pistols instead, I need to "disarm" the aliens (whatever species) first in order not to get shot at.... Right? And in doing this I either have to stun them first or use PSI for MC or panic attack. But I`ve not reached this ability yet. So at my current game (game time: end of February) there`s only the choice to stun and revive the potential shooting-dummies. And exactly this doesn`t work any more suddenly (but did beautifully before...)

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:04:44 am »
1/ Medikits work fine for me... I can't reproduce your issue :( I have used only terrain pack 4.1 and yet more ufos 0.6 mods... and xcom nightly 2018-09-08

2/ As for why you cannot revive the alien, that's easy... he has too much stun.

Thanks a lot for trying! But too much stun is not the problem. In my case the med kit refuses to notice the alien as potential body to "heal" at all... It`s frustrating that you couldn`t reproduce this strange behavior of my med kits that suddenly appeared. I already tried to disable all additional mods - but this problem is persistent. It even occured in a older save game, in witch I know, that I revived the previously stunned aliens without any problems! Maybe I should completely new install the whole game....  :( Although I had hoped to avoid this... Or waiting untill I have the necessary ability to use the PSI amp to get a comparable "result" in disarming the opposition before I use them as shooting practice.

Additional remark: I can use the med kit on my own soldiers! Even if I stun one intentionally and render it unconscious I can revive a unconscious trooper on the ground with stimulants, I can heal wounds and I can raise the energy level on a "standing" trooper without any problem! But if I try it on a stunned alien, the kit does not notice that a body "in need" is under the person who try use the med kit...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:50:01 am by ThunderFromAbove »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 01:39:43 am »
You can only use medikits on aliens if you have "alien bleeding" option enabled... weird, I know. :P

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 02:34:19 am »
You can only use medikits on aliens if you have "alien bleeding" option enabled... weird, I know. :P

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You saved my day, this did the trick!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I disabled this option intentionally, because in one case the revived alien had only 3 health left, but also 3 fatal wounds. And I did not have enough timeunits left after reviving it to additionally also heal the wounds! So it died during the next turn.

Kind regards
Thunder (I´m really relieved now that I don`t need to reinstall the game!  ;)