aliens

Author Topic: Problems with mod TerrainPack 4.1  (Read 3442 times)

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Problems with mod TerrainPack 4.1
« on: September 15, 2018, 09:02:40 pm »
Hi folks,

sorry to pester already again....  ;)  I just tried out the TerrainPack 4.1 and seem to have found a "problem". Although I really liked the alternativ landscapes in this mod, that I have seen so far, I`m kind of stuck now. It`s a recovery mission of a shot down large scout-UFO and it takes place in a forested area with LOTS of water in it. The problem now is, that because of those many mini-lakes it is impossible to reach the other side of the map! The "connecting" land-tiles are so narrow that my soldiers (no flying suits yet...!) can`t walk on them. I already tried to shoot up all additional restricting trees / bushes etc. but still can`t find any way to the UFO on the other side of the landing site of my Skyranger!  :'( Any suggestions? Apart from reloading the mission altogether to get a different terrain, of course....  ;) Does it happen often, that a map is generated, that prevents to complete the mission? Can I avoid this situation in future missions? Thanks in advance!
Kind regards
Thunder

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with mod TerrainPack 4.1
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 09:15:33 pm »
You can also just return to the Skyranger and abort...

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:50:13 pm »
Hi,
well.... aborting a mission is actually not what I`d like to do. But (on the brighter side...) I have already "found" another "solution": Just by being patient (and waiting 10 eventless turns), the last remaining alien soldier came out of hiding all by himself und conveniently let my troopers kill him from aross the water.  ::) That way I can`t unload their guns, of course (and loose some loot that way), but still better than completely aborting the mission. Does it happen often, that the maps are only partly accessable?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:58:19 pm »
That way I can`t unload their guns, of course (and loose some loot that way), but still better than completely aborting the mission.

Unloading guns doesn't increase the loot...

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:16:16 pm »
Huh??? Isn`t there one mag more per alien weapon to be sold afterwards if I unload those guns? I agree, that some more mags to sell is not a fortune, but I tried to "maximize" the result of any mission in the past. Was all of these efforts to get to the guns before the mission ends, in vain?  :-\

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 11:04:57 pm »
Huh??? Isn`t there one mag more per alien weapon to be sold afterwards if I unload those guns?

No, there isn't, we unload them for you at the end automatically.

Was all of these efforts to get to the guns before the mission ends, in vain?  :-\

Yes.

Offline ThunderFromAbove

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 11:23:55 pm »
No, there isn't, we unload them for you at the end automatically.

Wow! Good to know! Although I`m almost sure, this was not the case in the origninal game. That`s pretty convenient! And saves me at least in the furture some (minor...) trouble and "headache"...  ;)
 THANKS for telling me!  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 01:00:28 am »
True, it was also my ritual in the original game... UNLOAD EVERYTHING!!!111onenone
...Hey, I was a high schooler back then! Give me some slack. :)