Author Topic: How many rows on each spritesheet?  (Read 2655 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
How many rows on each spritesheet?
« on: September 02, 2018, 03:11:39 pm »
I am encountering a problem when trying to make alien sprite sheets: the tool I use to extract the images makes every unit on the sprite sheet into a single image. I can use Falko's Sprite Combiner to merge the images into a spritesheet, however I need to know how many rows each alien has in their spritesheet, because it's different for every one. Is there some guide somewhere I can use to find out what each arbitrary value is?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: How many rows on each spritesheet?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 03:47:52 pm »
It doesn't matter how many rows there are, as long as you have the correct width, height, subX, and subY in the extraSprites ruleset.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 06:34:53 pm »
Oh really? Well that saves me a lot of trouble!

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:23:41 am »
I am encountering a problem when trying to make alien sprite sheets: the tool I use to extract the images makes every unit on the sprite sheet into a single image. I can use Falko's Sprite Combiner to merge the images into a spritesheet, however I need to know how many rows each alien has in their spritesheet, because it's different for every one. Is there some guide somewhere I can use to find out what each arbitrary value is?
FYI Falko's script says "rows", in the setting when creating the merged sheet, but it is actually columns.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 04:15:21 am »
FYI Falko's script says "rows", in the setting when creating the merged sheet, but it is actually columns.
True.