Author Topic: Global News Network - Second Alien War News Updates  (Read 16491 times)

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Global News Network - Second Alien War News Updates
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:30:23 pm »
23 January, 2040

Attention, this is GNN with some breaking news!

Following a recent attack on Accra by previously unidentified alien forces, Chairman Qasim Botros Amjad praised rapid response by X-COM forces in a recent meeting of the Egyptian Council, in what he has deemed as "acceptable civilian losses". Regardless, he has pointed out that corporate profits for Pretorius Industries, one of the members of the Cartel, has taken a dip as a result of investor panic following the attack. With another alien war have just begun 40 years after the end of the First Alien War, only time will tell whether X-COM forces will triumph once again.

In other news, a chapter of the Cult of Sirius has claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack in Shanghai last week, proclaiming that "our alien friends have returned, and we will answer their call!". Local authorities in Free China have reportedly already initiated crackdowns on known and suspected Cult of Sirius members as reports of alien activity in the South China Sea begin to skyrocket. Stay tuned for further updates!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, so...last time, I was unable to see any non-alien related news content or filler before the end of the First Alien War. I am at least expecting some more than in my X-COM: UFO Defense playthrough, but it would be nice if others could help as well.

Anyway, enjoy and welcome to X-COM: Terror from the Deep!

*laughs evilly*

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Global News Network - Second Alien War News Updates
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 07:17:02 pm »
1 March, 2040

Africa Corp's CEO Jane Masego earlier today reported that X-COM had successfully managed to stop an alien attack on Seychelles Island, with local authorities already beginning reconstruction efforts and corporate funds being diverted to repair the damage. However, she has expressed concern for a dip on investors similar to one of the Egyptian Cartel's member companies two months ago, with analysts expressing fears of a global economic recession similar to the one suffered during the First Alien War and its immediate aftermath. However, she has reassured investors that Africa Corp will "protect the company's assets and employees in any way possible".

In other news, tensions that were beginning to flare between the breakaway People's Republic of Alaska and the US two years ago have continued to calm as the Second Alien War enters its third month. Troops on both sides of the border have already been assigned to major coastal cities to defend them against alien underwater incursions alongside X-COM forces. Stay tuned for further updates!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*sighs* Here we go again with me waiting for filler content. :(

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 02:38:24 am »
19 March, 2040

Another attack by alien forces against Africa Corp, this time on the island Mauritius has been reportedly repelled by X-COM forces, this time with aid from local authorities. CEO Mageso has already ordered the island's corporate assets evacuated, except for military personnel. As a result, all citizens on the island are being relocated further inland in an attempt to protect them from the aliens.

In other news, national military forces operating in the coastlines have been issued newly developed gauss weapons for underwater combat, with the earliest of these pistols having already begun market sales. With the situation in Earth's oceans continuing to deteriorate, cruise liner captains have been ordered to carry these weapons in the event of an alien attack. Stay tuned for further updates!

Still waiting. :(

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 04:01:27 pm »

Still waiting. :(

Would you like sea-related filler news only? Or would you like misc news? I was writing some posts about NASA and space missions, but the First Alien War ended earlier. XD

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 05:46:57 pm »

Would you like sea-related filler news only? Or would you like misc news? I was writing some posts about NASA and space missions, but the First Alien War ended earlier. XD

Just as long as the aliens are not involved. :P

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Global News Network - Second Alien War News Updates
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 06:36:46 pm »
Just as long as the aliens are not involved.

Haha no, it's more about NASA missions to Moon/Mars/Beyond. Not so canon. But not about aliens.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:07:02 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 09:40:12 pm »
Haha no, it's more about NASA missions to Moon/Mars/Beyond. Not so canon. But not about aliens.

Wait. Did they even attempt anything in canon after they ran out of Elerium?

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 11:45:07 pm »
1 April, 2040

X-COM forces have managed to successfully respond to a distress call from the oil tanker Hyperion earlier today, which came under attack by alien forces. The ship, despite being cleared of alien forces by two surviving X-COM forces in the lower deck and taking what has been reported as "significant losses" in the upper deck, was sunk shortly after two survivors, including Captain David Gregor, were evacuated. He and another employee were then brought back to their port of departure.

In other news, a series of naval engagements in the Sea of Japan/East China Sea were reported by passing ships in the area. The International Maritime Commission has already warned ships passing through the region to be on constant alert for alien attacks, alongside ships in the rest of the Pacific and Indian Oceans respectively. Stay tuned for further updates!

Sorry for the delay. Real life concerns are starting to catch up to me. Oh well. I am still waiting for that filler (unless it was already posted and I have not read it at the time of posting). I can wait, though. :(

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 04:13:03 am »
1 May, 2040

X-COM forces have just managed to evacuate the oil tanker Volker off the coast of the island of Sumatra after clearing out alien forces from the ship, which had already started taking in water during the ensuing engagement in the upper and lower decks as a result of collateral damage to the ship's cargo. The captain was reportedly killed during the attack, though the survivors were safely returned to their respective nations.

In other news, the IMC's call for caution by ships at sea has been extended the areas of risk to all of the planet's oceans. Conventional navies have already been on alert for the past few days and are already conducting daily patrols and inspections of civilian ships as X-COM continues to battle alien forces underwater. Stay tuned for further updates!

O_o How many more shipping attacks will there be?! *sighs* This will end well. /s
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:57:47 am by Ace009 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 04:59:52 am »
Wait. Did they even attempt anything in canon after they ran out of Elerium?

Negative, comrade. By 2010, al of the Earth's Elerium supply has been depleted. The last fly of an Elerium-powered craft, the Avenger, was in 2009.

But c'mon, I think that we can develop some  space craft using some Zbrite (at least, while it's still working). ???

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 05:57:28 am »
Negative, comrade. By 2010, al of the Earth's Elerium supply has been depleted. The last fly of an Elerium-powered craft, the Avenger, was in 2009.

But c'mon, I think that we can develop some  space craft using some Zbrite (at least, while it's still working). ???

I meant space missions without the need for Elerium. *facepalms*

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 06:47:31 am »
I meant space missions without the need for Elerium. *facepalms*

AH! Hahaha well, no. Canon doesn't say anything about space missions besides the 2009 expedition.

That's because I want to write the space news! :D

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 07:12:28 am »
1 June, 2040

The Nautica has been successfully evacuated by X-COM forces earlier today after a pitched fight in the upper and lower decks. Shortly after the engagement, the ship was sunk by a nearby alien submarine before disappearing into the ocean. The surviving personnel have already been sent back to their respective nations.

In other news, submarines from various navies across the globe have recently received weapons shipments of X-COM derived Gauss Cannons as a means to assist the organisation in hunting down alien submarines in the Earth's oceans. The new market for gauss weapons, which are technically derived from plasma weapons used during the First Alien War has finally started to see its boom in other arms manufacturers. Stay tuned for further updates!

Alright, so this is the latest update. And fine. Let us see what happens, then. :P

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 12:18:41 pm »
Regarding that space issue: everything should be explained in X-Com Interceptor lore. I can't remember much, but it takes place shortly before Apocalypse, and therefore not that long after TFTD.

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 05:16:06 pm »
Regarding that space issue: everything should be explained in X-Com Interceptor lore. I can't remember much, but it takes place shortly before Apocalypse, and therefore not that long after TFTD.

So, were any non-Elerium dependent missions launched elsewhere into the Solar System or were we back to being stuck in Cislunar space?