aliens

Author Topic: TFTD Stopping Alien infiltration  (Read 3649 times)

Offline zrau

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
TFTD Stopping Alien infiltration
« on: August 19, 2018, 01:55:42 pm »
I'm playing vanilla TFTD with the latest nightly. An Alien Infiltration mission began in Indian Ocean and all the usual USO's spawned including both Very Large ships which should have meant that the mission was successful for the aliens. For some cash I knocked out both the landed Very Large ships and the Supply ship with ground assault.  The remainder flew away unmolested and at the end of the month no new country had signed a pact and no new base was created.

According to the wiki the aliens should have fulfilled the mission once the larger ships spawned. All you can do is delay by shooting down the scouts. This has always been my experience as well. I'm wondering if what I encountered was a bug or were the rules changed? Just curious, possibly it's a good thing to give player a chance at stopping these missions.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:11:20 pm by zrau »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD Stopping Alien infiltration
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:14:25 pm »
the rules weren't changed, and i doubt it's a bug. see if they're still with you at the next monthly report.

Offline zrau

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 01:28:54 pm »
Thanks for the reply! I just missed an artifact site so I'll need to knock out two alien bases to even up the month score so it will be some time before I can find out what happens at end of this month.

I did encounter something else though. Are the prerequisites for Sub Construction the same in Openxcom? I have Zrbite and Transmission Resolvers researched and visible in the ufopedia. I have one sample of Subconstruction in research base that I made sure was present before researching either prerequisite. Subconstruction is not showing up. I've double checked everything and I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 02:31:15 pm »
Yes, it should be the same.

Please upload your current save... we'll have a look what's wrong.

Offline zrau

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 03:14:49 pm »
Here is the save.  :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 03:50:44 pm »
Here is the save.  :)

In that save, the alien sub construction is already researched.

And I can also see it in the USOpedia.

Offline zrau

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 05:05:48 pm »
Trying to remember but I've no recollection of seeing that come up. I suppose the only explanation is I did somehow. Well, thanks very much for looking in to it and your work on this excellent project. :)