aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Save / Load equipment template doesn't work properly  (Read 792 times)

Offline Yann

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Solved] Save / Load equipment template doesn't work properly
« on: February 11, 2023, 09:18:36 am »
When loading a saved equipment template, it only loads it for the soldier which is currently selected. It does not load it for all other soldiers in the template.
Saving with the normal save or the save+ button does not make a difference. (BTW what is the difference between the two?)

Also, it is not possible to save a template when all soldiers have no items on their person. I wanted to do this to have an easy way to clear all inventories, but it won't save it.

I'm having this issue in OXCE 7.8.7 (v2022-12-29) with The X-Com Files mod.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 01:23:34 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Save / Load equipment template doesn't work properly
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 10:58:00 am »
The templates contain information about one soldier/unit only.
There is no such thing as "save for all soldiers" implemented, yet.

The difference between save and save+ is that "save" saves the soldier's equipment and "save+" saves both the soldier's equipment and soldier's armor.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 12:00:56 pm »
Also, it is not possible to save a template when all soldiers have no items on their person. I wanted to do this to have an easy way to clear all inventories, but it won't save it.

Just in case you were not aware.
It is possible to work around this problem in the following way:
* Assign soldiers to craft.
* Make sure craft contains no items (shortcut "x" in craft item equip screen, if i remember correct).
* Click the inventory button.

Since the game cannot assign any previously assigned items anymore it will reset the load-out of all soldiers on board of that craft to be empty.

Keep in mind that this does not work when the new "apoc style" soldier equipment is active (the option called: "oxceAlternateCraftEquipmentManagement") since that one was specifically designed to prevent these 'accidents'.

Offline Yann

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 12:28:07 pm »
There is no such thing as "save for all soldiers" implemented, yet.

My apologies, Meridian. I assumed 'Save personal equipment' was for a single soldier template and 'Save equipment template' was for the whole team. I now get the difference. Thank you.