aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Armor bonuses by "soldier class"  (Read 7746 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Armor bonuses by "soldier class"
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 09:17:27 pm »
I hope you realize that psi 160/100 is four times as strong as 80/50. If you just change psi strength maximum to adjust psi potential, then everyone changes evenly and still has the same amount of training time to max out. Alternatively, if you change only psi skill, the higher max ones will take longer to reach that point and their psi defense won't change.

In my mod, the layout of psionics is completely different. Thanks to the parameters "psiDefence" in armor, and "accuracyMultiplier" in telepathic weapons, a situation where "psiStrength" is responsible only for the protection, and "psiSkill" exclusively for the attack.  These parameters are not stack.
In my mod psiSkill 150, does not guarantee the control of the commanders of the alien, as psiStrength 150 does not provide complete immunity from enemy hypnosis.
In general, I destroy the original balance as I can.  :D When psiSkill 50, is almost useless to use psi attacks, even with psiStrength 500.

Offline Kzer-Za

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Armor bonuses by "soldier class"
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 04:57:12 pm »
In my mod, the layout of psionics is completely different. Thanks to the parameters "psiDefence" in armor, and "accuracyMultiplier" in telepathic weapons, a situation where "psiStrength" is responsible only for the protection, and "psiSkill" exclusively for the attack.

Could you please share the ruleset? Or give a link if you have published this mod?